Does Skype work now on the Thunderbolt?

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
If you all remember, there was to be a special version of VZW's Skype Mobile (called Skype Mobile with Video) that was supposed to launch with the Thunderbolt. Then is was supposed to be a month late. There was even a almost-finished version of it leaked. Then Microsoft bought Skype, which killed the project. So the standard Skype for Android app launched FFC support for Android 2.3 not long after that, to which the Thunderbolt received the 2.3 update in September? I think...

Long story short, there will likely never be a Skype Mobile with Video, but the standard Skype works fine, as well as GTalk and Tango. I use GTalk on a daily basis and have no issue with it.

ALCingularUser

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I've only used it with the call test service, but the problem I'm encountering is, when I place the phone up to my ear and the proximity sensor turns the screen off, incoming audio cuts out.

Any idea how to fix this? I know it's a moot point for video calls, but what if you only want to use it to make voice calls?

Ningboren

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Once the skype call is connected, switch to a different app program on the phone other than skype, then you can turn the screen off while the call stays and the sound stays too.

CSLCPA1122

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Skype Does Not Work on My Thunderbolt

I am a first time visitor and I have an HTC Thunderbolt. I downloaded Skype Mobile and each time I try to use it the following message appears "Skyp can only be used on Telkomsel." Any ideas on what to do?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira