Rezound battery charging issues

scosch

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the rezound battery for a while and am having charging issues that are slightly different than what I've already read about. Here is the situation:

I'll use a wall charger all night. Wake up, battery percentage says anywhere from 65 to 89.

Reboot the phone while still plugged in and magically the percentage is higher but never more than 93.

Keep plugged in hoping it will charge to 100 but never does.

Get in my car where I use a usb charger and it goes to 100% in a few minutes.

I've tried multiple chargers in the wall and in my car with no change. Either my car has magical powers or it is a usb thing.

the other issue is that sometimes if it only charges to say 89 and i unplug it it will stay at 89 for a long time, suggesting that it is really at closer to 100 but won't start going down until it ACTUALLY reaches 89. If it did this more consistently I wouldn't mind. But lately it is charging only to 89 but starts going down within minutes, suggesting it was, in fact, only charged to 89.

obviously the rezound battery doesn't help me if it only charges to 89 without charging in my car which isn't always an option.

I'm rooted running sky raider zeus. Any help is appreciated.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
My only suggestion would be to charge the batteries with an external charger and not the phone itself. It seems the phone gets confused at times when charging the Rezound 1620mAh battery. Normally, I charge my batteries via a Seidio Multi-Function battery charger and haven't experienced any issues in using them in the phone. They discharge normally without any anomalies. I have noticed however that on the few occasions that I've charged the Rezound battery in the phone, it would jump from approx. 80 percent charge to 100 percent in a just a few minutes.

If you’re interested in external chargers, see my post here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/th...-fits-thunderbolt-19-99-a-26.html#post1627405

zog1977

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
mine does the exact same thing, i just deal with it.

i am just waiting for a new phone. The battery life of the TB has taken its toll on me. I LOVE the phone, but damn, i am tired of always worrying about when i can charge next!!!

What are the new HTC phones supposedly coming out?

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I've had similar, but not exactly the same things happen with mine as well.

Often, when charging, it will "jump" from a number like 83% to 100% and fully charged instantly. (In fact, as I typed this, I just heard battery monitor widget make the "fully charged" sound, even though just a few minutes ago I checked it and it was only at about 75%). If I were to unplug the phone prior to jumping to 100%, then it would stick at the same percentage for an unusually long time, much as the OP noted.

I put up with this because (A) 100% does *seem* to actually be 100% percent...the battery appears to discharge normally after that and (B) it definitely lasts longer than my old standard battery, so I stick with it.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I've had similar, but not exactly the same things happen with mine as well.

Often, when charging, it will "jump" from a number like 83% to 100% and fully charged instantly. (In fact, as I typed this, I just heard battery monitor widget make the "fully charged" sound, even though just a few minutes ago I checked it and it was only at about 75%). If I were to unplug the phone prior to jumping to 100%, then it would stick at the same percentage for an unusually long time, much as the OP noted.

I put up with this because (A) 100% does *seem* to actually be 100% percent...the battery appears to discharge normally after that and (B) it definitely lasts longer than my old standard battery, so I stick with it.

100% Same exact thing here :)

bamf forever 1.10 zigg kernal

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
So what happens when you try the stock battery?
What is the battery voltage doing? (install the battery monitor widget or such)

Have you tried clearing the battery stats? (not sure that will help)

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

Switching back to the stock battery seems to be kinda screwy at first as well, but it eventually settles down and back to normal after a full charge/discharge cycle complete.

I have cleared the battery stats...doesn't seem to make much of a difference, at least not for me.

scosch

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

Haven't tried going back to the stock battery but have used the battery calibration app many times to clear battery stats with no difference. That app requires you to do the calibration once it reaches 100% and I was doing that every time i charged for a couple of weeks.

As far as checking the voltage, I've never checked anything like that because I just don't know what I'm looking for. Any tips?

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Haven't tried going back to the stock battery but have used the battery calibration app many times to clear battery stats with no difference. That app requires you to do the calibration once it reaches 100% and I was doing that every time i charged for a couple of weeks.

As far as checking the voltage, I've never checked anything like that because I just don't know what I'm looking for. Any tips?
You might want to read this.

http://www.androidcentral.com/wiping-battery-stats-doesnt-improve-battery-life-says-google-engineer

You could be causing your own troubles.

-Frank

orgelbau

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Do you have the 3.7 volt version or the 3.8 volt version Rezound battery? There are some weird issues when using the 3.8 volt in the Thunderbolt.

CrotchBat

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I've come to believe it's purely a calibration issue and not a battery issue. I get superior usage on this battery compared to the stock one but I do have the same issues you guys do with how it charges. However, I've noticed that even when it crawls at charging(barely moving numbers even after 60 minutes on the charger) the usage doesn't suffer and the battery monitor crawls down at a very, very slow place(say from 83 to 81 after 2 hours of usage).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca