Free Ram

Phoenix111

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
It seems like my phone is constantly using a lot of ram. Is there anything I can do to free up more to speed my phone up a little? I know that most say task killers are nothing more than battery killers as the apps will simply restart on their own. But are there any task managers, that anyone recommends? I thought I would ask as I always see people saying that they have around 200mb free, whereas I rarely have 100 free. Thanks for any help.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Doubt u can save more u only have 512mb that's not a lot to make a phone run smooth. But try auto killer in the market.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Doubt u can save more u only have 512mb that's not a lot to make a phone run smooth. But try auto killer in the market.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

756 MB

OP- some apps that you have installed may be taking up ram. Uninstall any you don't use.

Aside from that root and delete bloatware or flash a low profile rom.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
My problem with people saying "don't use task killers" is when you start running low, Android will even kill your launcher(if it's a third party launcher), so if you exit an app you are running.. widgets, and your app drawer have to reload.

I don't like restarting my phone, but right this very instant, if I open an app and exit, it has to reload all my widgets.. if I open the app drawer, it has to reload all the icon positions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21