Happy Birthday Thunderbolt!!!

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
One year ago we could pick up our bolts. (I online ordered mine)

So so glad I didnt wait for the Charge or Bionic. One year later and in still on the same phone.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Me too. 'Cept I picked mine up in the store. Still very happy with it.

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Me too. I was upgraded August 30 2011. Only way for me to get early upgrade was via customer care. They also credited the 20.00 fee. 2nd day aired. Like a kid on her birthday...so excited. I love my Thunderbolt.
I have to laugh...a mgr friend of mine at Verizon switched to the new BB. I told him he wouldn't be happy. He is sporting his TB again. LOL

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I was one to wait in line on launch day for a few hours to have the first activated bolt in my area! Still happy with it although its starting to slow down in a few aspects it still does everything I need it to and more.

cegabq

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Got mine on April 11, 2011; still on my first {knock on wood} & don't see a phone out there that I'd want to replace it with.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I was a little later to the Thunder Bolt, June 5. I went back and looked at my 6/21 review, and much of that still holds. Still on my original unit, though with the HTC extended battery. I can count the number of involuntary reboots on one hand (and I am pretty sure one was weather-related, after storms knocked out 4G in Orlando last August). I like the kickstand, the look and feel, and the FM radio tuner. I have not seen anything worth jumping to yet.

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
I had completely forgotten that it has been a year now. This is the first time in quite a few years that I'm not chomping at the bit for a new phone by this time. In fact, I'm usually ready at about 6 months. The fact that I missed the one year anniversary and have not been drooling over anything else says a LOT about this phone!

Oh, and I am still on my original that I got on March 17 last year. It still looks and feels like 99% of new, although our 14 week old Mini Dachshund has been trying to use it as a chew toy, so we'll see how long I can maintain that...lol!

Last edited:

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I am on my 2nd one (got mine April 15th, tax day)....only because I dropped my first one and cracked the screen.

This will be the first phone that I actually keep the full 2 years (well, early upgrade in December). If they don't have anything exciting by then either out or announced, I will wait until April.

I am rooted and running i-Kream....love it!

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
One year ago we could pick up our bolts. (I online ordered mine)

So so glad I didnt wait for the Charge or Bionic. One year later and in still on the same phone.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Ordered mine a year ago tomorrow, if I remember correctly. Had been a BlackBerry user for years, but finally had enough and decided that the draw of 4G LTE was just to great. So far, best phone I've ever owned, and I mean that in the relative sense (compared to other devices *at that time*).

I've considered upgrading to one of the new devices out there, like the Nexus, but just haven't found a reason to replace the Bolt yet. Nothing new out there is really that impressive that I just have to have it now...and I figure the longer I can hold out with the Thunderbolt, the better my next new device will be! The last 2 BBs I owned you probably could have talked me into trading them in for a Moto DynaTAC after a year, but I'm still very happy with my Thunderbolt.

There were a few early bumps in the road, and it took a bit of tweaking to get it *just right*, but this is still one of the best devices out there, IMO.

808TBolt

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I still love my Thunderbolt. Cant wait to root it :cool:

I hope Verizon will get something like the Samsung Note when my contract is up :):cool:

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Crazy it's been almost a year now. Ordered mine online March 31, got it the next day. A few bumps initially, but so far the best phone I've ever had! Plan on keeping it for the foreseeable future while I wait for the Thunderbolt 2. :p

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Nothing out there yet that is really better. I would like the long battery life of the Razor Maxx, but I'm not going to toss away an upgrade for just that.
Waiting to see if the new HTC ONE X ever hits Verizon. That may be what does it for me.

mjs1124

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
2nd in line on launch day 1 year ago! My launch day TB has never had a problem and still runs great. I rooted it in August and have been loving it even more since. Not 1 phone released since has made me regret getting my Thunderbolt. The only phones I would even think about switching to would be a Verizon Galaxy note, or a Verizon HTC One X. Great phone!

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
2nd in line on launch day 1 year ago! My launch day TB has never had a problem and still runs great. I rooted it in August and have been loving it even more since. Not 1 phone released since has made me regret getting my Thunderbolt. The only phones I would even think about switching to would be a Verizon Galaxy note, or a Verizon HTC One X. Great phone!

+1 on the NOTE or the ONE X......I have friends that have the Nexus and love it...but, I drool knowing that by time I upgrade in December, there will be even more phones out by then that will make the Nexus look like Motorola E815 or a Razr V3....LOLOLOL.

I can upgrade my son's phone a week before mine...I might upgrade his to something I want....play with it...if I hear of something over the horizon a few months later....hold off on my upgrade until then.

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I got mine on launch day last year and I remain happy with my TBolt. It was also my first Android phone! I'm looking forward to the ICS update and Sense 3.6.

Bolt_of_Thunder

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I had completely forgotten that it has been a year now. This is the first time in quite a few years that I'm not chomping at the bit for a new phone by this time. In fact, I'm usually ready at about 6 months. The fact that I missed the one year anniversary and have not been drooling over anything else says a LOT about this phone!

Oh, and I am still on my original that I got on March 17 last year. It still looks and feels like 99% of new, although our 14 week old Mini Dachshund has been trying to use it as a chew toy, so we'll see how long I can maintain that...lol!

You would think this brick of a phone would hold up to a puppy but you'd be mistaken. Our rat terrier pup has put a few good bite marks in mine. Puppy teeth suck!

I'd love to get a different phone with a HD screen but I'm too cheap to make the switch. And it sucks the bolt is the only phone on Verizon that had simultaneous voice and data. I'm afraid I'm going to miss that feature. I got a really good taste of ICS on my wifes backup fascinate and now I've got "the itch" :) Hurry up HTC!

Sent from my ThunderShed