Phone replacement

mort3770

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I am in the need of a replacement Tbolt. The one I have now goes haywire all the time. The screen zooms in and out by itself, the screen freezes, among other issues. The only way to quick-fix the problems is to put the phone in standby (press power button) and turn it back on.

I had the phone rooted, but downloaded the unroot app and I am back to stock. My question is, now that I have unrooted, is there anything else I need to do to look for traces of rooting before I return the phone to Verizon for an extended warrantee replacement? Should I go to local Verizon store or call and get it by mail?

ps: I bought the phone March 17, 2011.

Last edited:

Spaceheater

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I just unrooted mine with the new tool and took it to the store. No problems, they overnighted me a new one. I see that you bought it a year ago, that could be a problem. :-\

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
You'll pay the 100$ deductible if its not under manufacturer safety and either way get a refurbished unit

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Be cautious... my screen started acting all stupid n stuff. Zoom and move on it's own. 1/2" on left side stopped working, yet a reboot fixed it.

VZW said it would be replaced under warranty but if they found the slightest bit of 'my bad' damage, they would bill me for $250.

So, went the Asurion route for $99. I never unrooted, just flashed the latest ota and left as is.