Front Facing Camera Not Working

bigberries

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Mine didn't work either....I ended up pressing the place where the lenses is at and it came back on...its either sticking or something but It works after I play around with it....don't know if it has a motion sensor or somethin

sent from my rooted thunderbolt

This is worth looking at. I am currently using the extended battery and larger back cover. I'll put the stock battery and back cover back on when I get home to see if those little copper connectors are giving me a problem.

Luv2ByteYou

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
It's weird, but I feel like this has something to do with a Verizon OTA update, or something. The reason being, both front-facing cameras on my MOTO DROID 3 and my kid's HTC INCREDIBLE 2 stopped working around the same time. I've tried rebooting, starting in "Safe Mode" and all that......NOTHING.

Now, just pulled out my SD card, and VOILA! Camera's working again, (on the camera app and Instagram as well,) but for how long I can't be sure. Put the SD card back in, and still working. For now, that seems to have done the trick.

Abdul Amoud

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
[SOLUTION]
i had the same problem with my Oneplus one... i opened it up turns out the front camera was disconnected ... i latched it back to the motherboard and restarted the phone... NOW ITS WORKING

syaffiq_m

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
Mine didn't work either....I ended up pressing the place where the lenses is at and it came back on...its either sticking or something but It works after I play around with it....don't know if it has a motion sensor or somethin

sent from my rooted thunderbolt

It works! I just give some pressure at the lense and my camera are working fine. Thanks!

Nisha Hashmi

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
samsung gt-s7582 Front camera restarts my phone

I have samsung gt-s7582 when i open the front camra my mobile restarts while back camera is working properly.

DragonBall24

May 17, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone! Need some help here. Recently my front facing camera doesn't work. I already went into apps, and cleared the camera settings. Tried the camera, clicked on the switch and it took me back to the home screen. I tried to find other help on this board but the clearing sounded like it would work, but it doesn't for me. Any suggestions what else I could do? Do you suggest factory reset? If I do, do I need to go into a VZW store?
I also have zte maven phone

Lex Niko

Aug 1, 2017
Visit site
Did you recently replace or add a case to the phone? I had this problem, went back to the dealer, it was the dumb tinted glass screen sheild.

starsarena

Jun 1, 2018
Visit site
Hi everyone! Need some help here. Recently my front facing camera doesn't work. I already went into apps, and cleared the camera settings. Tried the camera, clicked on the switch and it took me back to the home screen. I tried to find other help on this board but the clearing sounded like it would work, but it doesn't for me. Any suggestions what else I could do? Do you suggest factory reset? If I do, do I need to go into a VZW store?

I faced the same issue this is how i fixed. Go to Apps in your phone settings and clear camera cache and data 2. Restart your phone in safe mode 3. Try front camera, once it works, restart phone in normal mode and you are good to go!

Kayleigh tombs

Jun 12, 2018
Visit site
:( well, that didnt fix anything at all. Did the factory reset and started the camera, same thing, front facing camera is not working. WTF. Any ideas as to what else it could be?!?

I know exactly what your going through, my front cacing camera is not working but notice a oppion in the settings saying "allow selfies" mmm but won't let me tick the box. Sent phone off to be repaired and still not fixed.. So got to go again I'm hoping for a 3rd time... So I can ave refund... This 4ne is a piece of s**t by far the worst phone I've bought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs