Did we get ICS yet?

RJV3

May 18, 2011
Visit site
The fact that we were supposed to receive it by end of first quarter this year and we are almost at mid April blows.

Sent from my rooted Galaxy Tab 8.9 running ICS 4.0.3

umpirerob

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Patience... The gingerbread release was a disaster... I'd much prefer Verizon and HTC take their time and get it right this time.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
has the Sensation been updated with it yet? they were supposedly the first one, and I'm not sure that they have it yet. I'm counting on at least June for our update, if not further out.

rushlmp

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I have a sensation, and nothing yet. I don't think it would be smart for them to give us ICS anytime soon, with the release of the HTC One S coming April 25, according to rumors.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
The fact that we were supposed to receive it by end of first quarter this year and we are almost at mid April blows.

Sent from my rooted Galaxy Tab 8.9 running ICS 4.0.3

I believe you're thinking about the Rezound. As far as the Thunderbolt (and others), no specific time frame has been given. See this HTC blog for more info: Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich Updates

Patience... The gingerbread release was a disaster... I'd much prefer Verizon and HTC take their time and get it right this time.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

While I wouldn't call the Gingerbread release a disaster, it did have a few bugs that required subsequent OTA updates to fix. This is my concern with ICS as it's a much bigger jump than Froyo to Gingerbread and could have the potential for more/bigger bugs. I'm also concerned about getting any type of major update considering the one year warranty period has now expired and the fact my Thunderbolt is working so well now on Gingerbread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt