Random reboots.. again.

pcbtmr

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed that most of my random reboots happen just as I hit the send button in a text message, averaging 1 reboot a week but specifically while texting.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I think its time for a factory reset. Unless your. Rooted because then there is 6 or 7 things that could be causing your reboots

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
That's right. Verizon will do factory reset. Do you use all 300 apps? It maybe a mini computer but this is a phone. You might be over doing it a bit

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
You don't lose your Google Play apps after a factory reset.

-Frank

You may not lose your pay apps but I've done 5 or more factory resets and only like once did it re-install my apps for me. I usually have to re-find all my apps and re-installing them from the market.

isaacdibb1095

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Verizon did a factory reset. Didn't help at all! Going to best buy mobile where I know someone who is smart with androids tomorrow morning. I am sick of this phone. All Verizon could do is just give me a warranty phone. I don't want one. But I guess I will have to suffer with it or add another line. I'm gonna do that most likely. Any good phones that you guys recommend that is NOT AN HTC?? I want a new one and throw this thing out the window.

So, my question is what phone should I get and why?
I do Not want an htc phone at all. So anything that will either have ICS or has ICS.
Must have at least 10 hour battery life on 4g.
And of course, must be on Verizon.
Thanks in advanced for the advice.
-Isaac-

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Since you're most likely going to add another line so that you can get a new phone, it would be worth rooting this one to see if your rebooting problems go away. I understand your reluctance to settle for a refurbished replacement, but adding a line is a costly proposition.
Anyway, regarding your other question - I'm most impressed with the Droid RAZR Maxx: it's a very slender phone for having such great battery capacity. I like what I've seen of Smart Actions. And it seems to be pretty peppy. If I had to pick from the current crop of Verizon phones that's what I'd be getting. HTH

Sent from my Sinclair ZX-80 using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If battery life is important, and no htc, the maxx is probably your only choice.though, I have heard of people getting less than 10 hours under heavy usage. But that's the best verizon phone for battery life right now given the parameters. It will get ics as well.

But if the phone is defective, why not just got a warranty replacement.? It doesn't cost anything. And your problem is not a typical problem.. I suspect something is screwy with your USB port.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Since you're most likely going to add another line so that you can get a new phone, it would be worth rooting this one to see if your rebooting problems go away. I understand your reluctance to settle for a refurbished replacement, but adding a line is a costly proposition.
Anyway, regarding your other question - I'm most impressed with the Droid RAZR Maxx: it's a very slender phone for having such great battery capacity. I like what I've seen of Smart Actions. And it seems to be pretty peppy. If I had to pick from the current crop of Verizon phones that's what I'd be getting. HTH

Sent from my Sinclair ZX-80 using Tapatalk

For the current line up, I would agree with you for battery life.But the fighter is coming soon, I would wait for that. But since the open said battery life is important, then the Max x would be the better choice.

Speaking personally, I have the resound, and would not get the maxx due to no HD screen. A fighter though,i might consider.

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
+1 to rooting your phone... dont waste your money... just root>flash custom recovery>flash rom of your choosing (i suggest cm7/cm9 for your device)>flash gapps if needed>reboot... and tada... new phone=happy user... :)

isaacdibb1095

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I am getting a factory replacement, which will obviously be a refurbished piece of crap, and I will finish my contract until may, then get something worthwhile. I'm very tempted to go to at&t and get a Note so I don't have to deal with the idiots at my local Verizon. Another plus to at&t is that they put up a cell tower less than a mile away from my house. I don't know what I will do, but when I get a new phone, I am defiantly rooting this one. Thanks for your help,
Isaac

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Definitely sounds like a hardware issue, so rooting it wouldn't help. I wouldn't worry too much about the replacement, you could very well get a good one. Once you get it, check the phone out, test it to be sure it's good before installing all your apps again. If it's not to your liking, keep politely asking em for another until you're satisfied. :)

isaacdibb1095

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Definitely sounds like a hardware issue, so rooting it wouldn't help. I wouldn't worry too much about the replacement, you could very well get a good one. Once you get it, check the phone out, test it to be sure it's good before installing all your apps again. If it's not to your liking, keep politely asking em for another until you're satisfied. :)

I'm sticking until my contract is up to switch to at&t because they are truthful at least. And better signal at my house. But that's not going to happen until September:( if only buy outs were cheaper..

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I am getting a factory replacement, which will obviously be a refurbished piece of crap, and I will finish my contract until may, then get something worthwhile. I'm very tempted to go to at&t and get a Note so I don't have to deal with the idiots at my local Verizon. Another plus to at&t is that they put up a cell tower less than a mile away from my house. I don't know what I will do, but when I get a new phone, I am defiantly rooting this one. Thanks for your help,
Isaac

I have dealt with att cs and Verizon cs, and i seemed to have better luck with Verizon cs. But, the local corporate verizon store is not that good. I always call in and found that if my request is reasonable, then they will help provided that you are firm but polite and not pushy. Sometimes though, you may just have to call back.
If att gets better service in your area, then sure, I would switch.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc