What will be the next Thunderbolt?!

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Thinking back to the weeks and months leading up to the Thunderbolt launch I wonder what will be the next Thunderbolt. I remember taking each and every Thursday off of work thinking it's coming but then it didn't. But, then, it finally did and I was so excited!! Even though our phone is dated now and was fairly dated when it launched, I am left pondering what will be the next Thunderbolt.

Most of us launch day people will be up for upgrade coming here this fall/winter so , is there any phone that we should start getting excited about now? I want to keep this specific to the TBOLT forum as well because I value all of your opinions specifically. There has to be something on the horizon that will just kick some serious butt!! Specifically HTC because I have come to absolutely love everything about an HTC phone.

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Simply put the next Thunderbolt will be my next phone. I hope it will be a quad core and easily rooted.

I would agree completely!! I love the bolt and it has never let me down. My wishes would be quad core, more memory, insane screen, and obviously bigger battery out of the box.

Reactions: HPBolt

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I think it is pretty clear that the next HTC flagship phones are the ONE series. The question is will Verizon put out a customized version like sprint is with the EVO 4G LTE (Looks nice). Thunderbolt, as the first LTE phone has a buzz around it that I don't think we will get for a while, maybe when we get voice over LTE and some battery gains along with that?

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Thunderbolt, as the first LTE phone has a buzz around it that I don't think we will get for a while, maybe when we get voice over LTE and some battery gains along with that?
Yep. I'm with you. I'm not enthralled with simple processor or performance gains anymore. My TBolt is fine. But I am excited about true leaps in technology. Voice over LTE would probably do it for me. I need something substantial to make a leap to another phone. Adequate battery to support it would also be a must.

-Frank

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Although I'm in no hurry to replace it, I am eagerly anticipating the next Thunderbolt (hope they keep the name in some form, add a 2, II, HD or heck X would be very cool)! First up and it sounds silly, but I really hope the next Thunderbolt has a similar kickstand as it does now (ex. size, stainless steel). I don't want to give up true portrait mode with a kickstand like the new EVO 4G LTE, nor want a red painted small stick that reminds me of the ol' cheese and crackers snack! lol Seriously though, I'll take at least a dual core, super LCD 2, removable battery a MUST, capacitive buttons, and preferably an SD card, and no camera hump please! Basically, very similar to the current Thunderbolt, but with upgrades! :) Oh, and it better have that thunderclap sound on boot too! :p

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Nothing on the horizon looking like the bolt. And by that I mean a phone with a kick stand. There are a few quad HTC phones that are coming but not labeled bolt 2

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Nothing on the horizon looking like the bolt. And by that I mean a phone with a kick stand. There are a few quad HTC phones that are coming but not labeled bolt 2

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Doesn't the evo 4GLTE have a kickstand?

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes indeed I do actually love the kickstand and use it all the time!! Skype video chat with the kickstand is best. Shows Best!! I see everyone else holding their phones but not me and I want that in the next phone too.

redcat22

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
The One X series has no memory card slot. FAIL.

Sprints EVO 4G LTE looks good though.

I can survive without a memory card slot, but the lack of removable battery on some upcoming htc phones is disheartening.

Don't get me wrong, i don't like the idea of not having an SD card or a removable battery either. But the absence of these two features could be the new trend amongst smartphones, at least with HTC. Perhaps it depends on how well the One series sells if HTC will continue to make phones w/o SD cards and/or removable batteries. Maybe we're further away from seeing the Tbolt 2 than we think...gasp! :eek:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
it seems to be the current trends to have non removable battery, motorola is doing it too. I hope that they move away from this trend, or at least provide a large battery like the maxx.

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
HTC needs to release the same phone across all carriers. That would align with their philosophy of focusing the product line. If the One X comes with Krait, the multimode modem should mean that the phone works on all carriers I think.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, i don't like the idea of not having an SD card or a removable battery either. But the absence of these two features could be the new trend amongst smartphones, at least with HTC. Perhaps it depends on how well the One series sells if HTC will continue to make phones w/o SD cards and/or removable batteries. Maybe we're further away from seeing the Tbolt 2 than we think...gasp! :eek:

it seems to be the current trends to have non removable battery, motorola is doing it too. I hope that they move away from this trend, or at least provide a large battery like the maxx.

While not preferable, I can live without an SD card, but a non-removable battery is a deal breaker. I guess time will tell if this trend continues (I sure hope it doesn't!). If it does continue, there may be a lot of people looking elsewhere than HTC/Motorola or just sticking with their current phone longer which is what I see myself doing.

Reactions: baztekdroid

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781