What will be you Tbolt replacement?

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
What will be your Thunderbolt replacement? Im waiting for the next greatest from HTC myself.
I was sorta thinking of going with a light duty business jet. :D

images

-Frank

masterxchief

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I already moved onto the Galaxy Nexus. Love the Nexus except some issues with it holding signal in places where the Thunderbolt is rock solid.

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
my early upgrade is around august...might not upgrade right away. depends whats out. but the htc one x and s is what i want now. but im sure verizon will make there changes to the design. sad. but i def want one x. we shall see. or i will wait till the new year

CrotchBat

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
20 months is pretty much the earliest you can upgrade on a standard 2 year, right? So I think that means I'm due up in November or December and it'll probably be whatever is awesome from HTC. Hopefully maybe something like the One X 2.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I just don't see a worthy replacement yet, despite sitting on an upgrade for almost six months now. I'm content to keep the Thunderbolt for the forseeable furture while holding out hope for a true successor. :)

jasonxlee01

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I just don't see a worthy replacement yet, despite sitting on an upgrade for almost six months now. I'm content to keep the Thunderbolt for the forseeable furture while holding out hope for a true successor. :)

I'm in a similar situation. Thankfully, i got the Thunderbolt with a one year contract. I've had an upgrade for about 4 months now but I'm still waiting for the next best Verizon phone. Hope its sooner rather than later!

Hickory Shampoo

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Not upgrading til December, when my upgrade is available. May wait til at least 12/22 in case the Mayans were right. Hoping there will be something by HTC with a 5"+ screen.

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
If the X had a removable battery I probably would have already moved back to ATT and imported the quad core version. As it stands, I'm hoping Verizon will announce an X version with a removable battery. I know it's not likely but at least I have hope while we wait.

I'll be damned tho if I'm trading in unlimited data for a non removable battery.

forbdnbehr

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
As for the Thunderbolt, I had to swap mine out 5 x's, Verizon was "kind" enough to offer me a different handset, the iPhone not being an option (of course) I chose the Rezound as it was supposed to be comparable... Heading to FedEX right now to pick up my third one. I knew in my gut I should have gotten an iPhone to begin with when I was chosing between the thunderbolt and that, but I was trying to be edgy, lol.

I gotta defect

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I love my original TBolt and have never had to replace it (even after numerous involuntary impact tests). I have suffered along with many here with the growing pains to be finally rewarded with the updates that finally took advantage of the hardware capabilities and Verizon LTE speeds that were originally promised. The temptations to root were strong but I just stayed the course with the stock setup and the updates as they were released. It was never a bad phone for me from day one. I didn't suffer many of the radio issues or reboots others went through. My battery life has always been livable since I have a charger at home, in the car and at work so I'm rarely dependent on the battery for more than a couple of hours at a time.

I'd like to get ICS on it and an updated version of Sense even if it isn't full 4.0. I actually like Sense which some people don't. I consider it a good starting point for a launcher/interface over the stock OS and have had no problems customizing my user experience with dozens of free aftermarket apps that have made this phone a remarkable daily companion.

My hope would be to see Verizon adopt something similar to the One X without effing it up or kludging it with too much of their bloatware and restrictions. I have a strong feeling whatever I replace my TBolt with is going to come from HTC and I'm probably going to root the new phone and get into a whole new ballgame going forward. Right now I'm not even looking for. nor envious of, anything else out there.

droid83

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Holding on hoping for a SSG III on VZ. So far, VZ has nothing to offer. sick of these low end or mid range phones. My contract expired last month.

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
No clue. Whatever it is it has to have a removable battery, expandable memory, and 4G. Oh wait, I already have all those! :D

Honestly, whatever it is it will need to be darn compelling to get me to spend all that money again for accessories. Unless my T-bolt dies or something, I may very well keep it beyond my upgrade. I really have no reason to switch other than bragging rights to something new. And, to be honest, I think I'm growing out of that need.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Prior to getting a smartphone, I tended to hang on to phones well past my eligible upgrade date. In general, it was because the phones broke or started acting weird. The only time I didn't was to replace the original GZone with the Boulder. The toughest decision along the way was breaking away from analog before they actually shut down the analog systems.

I am eligible in March of 2013, because I waited until June 2011 to get the TB. I may actually wait until I am off contract to see if that gets me any more leverage.

I've said it before in these threads: A Casio LTE "Commando 2" might get me to go "early." But not if I have to pay for the device and a $30 fee.

sakasune

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Not upgrading til December, when my upgrade is available. May wait til at least 12/22 in case the Mayans were right. Hoping there will be something by HTC with a 5"+ screen.

Never mind that the Mayas never said the world would end, what would holding off on a phone purchase actually accomplish?