Is something wrong with my keyboard???

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Whenever I type on my thunderbolt I'm always missing letters that I could have sworn I typed. I did my own personal test.
When I type one letter over and over again, this is the result.
Llllllllllllllllll or aaaaaaaaaaa
When I go back and forth between two different letters, the phone works harder I suppose. This is the result I got from going back and forth quickly between two different letters, l & a.
Lalllaalalaaaalalalalalllllllllllalallaaallllllllalallllalalll
Notice how many times the other letter didn't register.
If I type extremely slow, this is how it should have looked.
Lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala

Is anyone else getting the same or similar results?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't really understand what you're trying to explain. Sometimes I will hit the wrong key. I remember you saying you type really fast on it. Its not a laptop. Our habits on using a smaller device should reflect the device.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't really understand what you're trying to explain. Sometimes I will hit the wrong key. I remember you saying you type really fast on it. Its not a laptop. Our habits on using a smaller device should reflect the device.

I basically want to know do other users have keyboard issues on their phone. I don't even have to type that fast for it to happen.
Simply go to any notepad app and go back and forth between two keys on your keyboard. I chose the L and A keys. As you go back and forth between the two keys, what you type should reflect that. Mine does not. I would see instances where the letter would double up.
It showed that my keyboard didn't register correctly. If mine is the only one doing it, then I would do some research into the company that sold me my phone. I should not have to type at a snails pace in order for my phone to keep up.
The Razr Maxx I recently purchased has similar issues. I purchased it from the same place. Perhaps the company could be selling lemons, or this could be am issue with Android.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
For some reason my keyboard is working fast again. Not sure why the issue comes and goes.
I'll continue to do research and do additional tests.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

tybo85

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
I have the exact same problem on my tbolt. The answer I've come up with is that when i type fast i watch the letters on the display, the letter i type registers and I see it, then as I hit the next letter it replaces it, almist like it thinks that if I type two letters back to back that quick that I didnt mean to type the first letter. I get done with a text message and it's jumbled like crazy. I've been using swiftkey x and i dont have that problem with it at all, but I hate the auto correct on swiftkey and I cant figure out how to turn it off, if anybody knows please let me know

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01