Possible New OTA Issues

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I have to travel today so I don't have that much time to write up these things in greater detail than this - apologies there. But here are two things that cropped up just yesterday that I think are issues with this new OTA.

- Going into vibrate mode. I usually do this simply by pressing the down-volume button until I get there. Well on two occasions I went to do so yesterday and found that I did eventually get into vibrate mode, but the phone didn't do its customary vibration to indicate it had gotten to that point, and when it WAS in vibrate mode I still had the silence indicator (musical note crossed out) in the notification bar. If I went in and put myself in vibrate mode from within the sound menu then it would go in properly.

- Did a reboot last night before going to bed. Set the phone in the charger base. This morning clicking on a URL in a tweet sent me to the default browser. I checked the default in the Applications menu and, sure enough, it had been set back to the default phone browser instead of to Dolphin. I've had Dolphin set to being the default browser for easily a year or more. Did not change the setting myself, and I didn't install anything new that could have done it for me.

Anybody seeing these things happen on their Bolts?

Sent from my magnificent HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

DVDA007

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Not sure on the vibrate mode deal, I use the llama app (which is amazing, btw), but for sure I noticed the default browser issue. I no longer get a prompt to set the default, and when I went in to change it through settings > applications, it changes the stock browser back to the default as soon as you exit the screen where you clear defaults, data, etc. It's stuck on default browser, it seems.

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Try going to Settings>Applications>App Associations and changing the association from there. This is a new setting with the current OTA. That should fix you up for the dolphin thing.

As far as the vibrate thing, I haven't experienced it.

Reactions: ThunderboltRob

firepsych

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I did recently notice the vibrate issue, but it was when I had another app open or I was doing something but I don't remember what it was. If I held down the volume key I could get past the note with a line through it (silent).
Right now if I switch to my home screen it works fine.
Drawing a blank though on the circumstances.

No problem with associations since I use mostly stock apps.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Try going to Settings>Applications>App Associations and changing the association from there. This is a new setting with the current OTA. That should fix you up for the dolphin thing.

As far as the vibrate thing, I haven't experienced it.

Thanks Mikey, that's how I got it fixed this morning. Still bugged, though, by the fact that it got that way in the first place - through no action of my own. I've been used to it happening when I install a new browser, or version of a browser, or other URL-reading app, but it's never happened all on it's own.

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Mikey, that's how I got it fixed this morning. Still bugged, though, by the fact that it got that way in the first place - through no action of my own. I've been used to it happening when I install a new browser, or version of a browser, or other URL-reading app, but it's never happened all on it's own.

Yeah. I don't know why some folks experienced changes. My phone held on to all of the defaults that I'd set, such as Dolphin Browser, Exchange for Mail, etc. At least you got it working and I'm glad that I was able to help a bit. :D

am4966

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm having loss of Data when in LTE/CDMA when I leave 4G its not going to 3G I have to change it to CDMA only and it'll change.

Go SMS is having problems freezing up and when I'm going from one app to another the screen will load the app then go Black at times then back to the app.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm having loss of Data when in LTE/CDMA when I leave 4G its not going to 3G I have to change it to CDMA only and it'll change.

Go SMS is having problems freezing up and when I'm going from one app to another the screen will load the app then go Black at times then back to the app.

Try a power down, battery and SIM card pull for at least five minutes. This will allow the phone to completely reset (all power to the internal electronics will discharge completely) and will force the phone to re-provision itself on the network upon next power up. As to Go SMS, may need to try clearing data for the app. Of course, if all else fails, the ol' master (factory) reset may be in order.

For others having issues too, try the power down and battery/SIM pull and again if problems continue, master (factory) reset. These have always fixed any issues I've ever had in the past. I know a master reset is a PITA, but IMO one should always be prepared to do it at any time by having your data backed up (at least to SD card or better; copies to a local computer) and have your apps and phone settings documented so as to easily restore everything. :)

Cenzo

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm experiencing the default issue as well. Not only with Dolphin though. I'm having the same issue with Dialer One as well. Went into app associations and they are already set yet each time I use either the browser or dialer it still asks which app to use. Have done the battery pull. Was no help.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
i tried both but it didn't work. Is there a way to save the pictures to the phone instead of the card?

I'm pretty sure you'd have to be rooted to save to the phone instead of the SD card. Sounds like you may have a corrupted or bad SD card or something is screwed up in the software. You can either try another SD card to rule that out or do a master (factory) reset to rule out a software issue.