The Thunderbolt II

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Why doesn't V take the EVOLTE and make that into a Thunderbolt II??? That's right the V stands for Vag

They'd have to at least add a removable battery and use a better kickstand than that crappy little red stick for it to be called a Thunderbolt 2. Otherwise, it's a fail IMO. Who knows, may be Verizon has something better in the works (hope so). :)

Slapnpop826

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I think of the orginal 4 LTE devices, The Thunderbolt has proven to be the best one. It's unfortunate that it took the lumps it did as the first of a new technology. Nothing that has come out sense even remotely interest me. I would entertain a Bolt II.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I think of the orginal 4 LTE devices, The Thunderbolt has proven to be the best one. It's unfortunate that it took the lumps it did as the first of a new technology. Nothing that has come out sense even remotely interest me. I would entertain a Bolt II.

How? Would you sing it a song? Tell it some jokes? Perhaps read it a story.:p

firepsych

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Long walks on the beach, a few Pina Coladas, get caught in the rain?

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Agree, I don't think there will ever be another Thunderbolt. They might name it Rezound II.

That wouldn't make much sense as the Rezound is based on the Incredible line whereas the Thunderbolt is akin to the EVO line. :) Besides, IMO, the name Rezound (play on resound) leaves a lot to be desired, whereas Thunderbolt exudes power. :p

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
That wouldn't make much sense as the Rezound is based on the Incredible line whereas the Thunderbolt is akin to the EVO line. :) Besides, IMO, the name Rezound (play on resound) leaves a lot to be desired, whereas Thunderbolt exudes power. :p

Hmmm. Maybe they should mash up the One X and EVO 4G LTE designs for a new Thunderbolt.

But then people will comment, "I thought HTC wanted to make less phones".

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
With the Dinc LTE coming out, i dont see a rezound 2 or tbolt 2 happening.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using tapatalk

unger316

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
With the Dinc LTE coming out, i dont see a rezound 2 or tbolt 2 happening.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using tapatalk

Why not? Give it a bigger screen and some other goodies and it would be a good high end phone. Release it a month or two after the dinc lte and call it good.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Isn't the DincLTE a middle of the road phone??? Not a Top tier phone.

(I still don't believe that $299 rumored pricepoint)

I suspect the DINC4GLTE will be priced at $199 (or $149), putting it in the mid-range category.

Specs-wise though, for a 4" phone - I'll consider it high-end.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Isn't the DincLTE a middle of the road phone??? Not a Top tier phone.

Depending on your point of view, it's either a mid tier or on the very low end of high tier. The biggest thing it has going for it is the Snapdragon S4 processor (Thunderbolt has S2). It's basically a beefed up Incredible 2 with lower overall specs than a Rezound. So one would think that if there were a Thunderbolt 2 type device in the works, it would have better specs than either of those phones. :)

DROID INCREDIBLE 4G LTE Specs:
http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-d...official-4-inch-screen-and-ice-cream-sandwich

? 4-inch qHD Super LCD screen
? 1.2 GHz dual-core Qualcomm? Snapdragon? S4 processor
? Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
? HTC Sense 4
? 1GB RAM
? 8GB eMMC
? 8MP rear-camera with autofocus, LED flash, 1080p HD video recording
? VGA front-facing camera
? 1700 mAh removable battery
? Support for up to 32 GB microSD? memory card

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I expect something similar to the one x for top tier HTC phone on VZW.

sent from my Thundershed Thunderbolt

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
My latest quandary is:

Make a phone superior to the Thunderbolt but keep the retail price below $400 because it will definitely be cheaper for me to keep Unlimited Data than to pay $149 to Verizon for the phone and be forced into 2 years of capped/tiered data.

I work 12 hour shifts and use my phone to update Podcasts and Vodcasts as I go and also stream Netflix, HBO-Go and just recently Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. These HD streams suck bandwidth like crazy! Over 1 GB to watch the hockey game Wednesday night and I turned it off between periods.

I've posted about this before. All this BS about putting everything in the CLOUD and HD Streaming is great but if you lose "unlimited data" you are going to get murdered on bandwidth overage charges.

No matter how much I try to spread it out (I use Llama app to auto-connect me to Trusted Wi-Fi the second I come into range so I don't even have to think about it), I still average 9-15gb per month LTE usage and another 5-7gb over Wi-Fi.

I don't own a tablet and on RARE occasions I use PDANet to connect the phone to a laptop. My usage is strictly phone-based data.

Simple arithmetic, not even math. To keep paying $30/month for unlimited data times 24 months equals $720.

To pay $80/month for 10GB which I actually may go over periodically times 24 months equals $1,920

Now $1,920 minus $720 equals $1,200 which means I could pay $600 retail for a new phone with unlimited data every year and still break even and without the fear of any charges for going over the 10GB limit.

All this means to ME PERSONALLY right now is that as long as I can keep paying the same rate for UNLIMITED DATA at the grandfathered rate I just have to make sure I have enough dough-in-pocket to BUY at retail the next phone I want and I still SAVE A LOT OF MONEY!

Cheap phones to get locked into a long-term, tiered data plan is NOT a good deal! BUY the frigging phone!

Oh yeah, not to mention, a little bit of rebate you can get by selling last year's phone to someone who would be thrilled to get it for $100 bucks or so cash. There's your discount.

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
My latest quandary is:

Make a phone superior to the Thunderbolt but keep the retail price below $400 because it will definitely be cheaper for me to keep Unlimited Data than to pay $149 to Verizon for the phone and be forced into 2 years of capped/tiered data.

I work 12 hour shifts and use my phone to update Podcasts and Vodcasts as I go and also stream Netflix, HBO-Go and just recently Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. These HD streams suck bandwidth like crazy! Over 1 GB to watch the hockey game Wednesday night and I turned it off between periods.

I've posted about this before. All this BS about putting everything in the CLOUD and HD Streaming is great but if you lose "unlimited data" you are going to get murdered on bandwidth overage charges.

No matter how much I try to spread it out (I use Llama app to auto-connect me to Trusted Wi-Fi the second I come into range so I don't even have to think about it), I still average 9-15gb per month LTE usage and another 5-7gb over Wi-Fi.

I don't own a tablet and on RARE occasions I use PDANet to connect the phone to a laptop. My usage is strictly phone-based data.

Simple arithmetic, not even math. To keep paying $30/month for unlimited data times 24 months equals $720.

To pay $80/month for 10GB which I actually may go over periodically times 24 months equals $1,920

Now $1,920 minus $720 equals $1,200 which means I could pay $600 retail for a new phone with unlimited data every year and still break even and without the fear of any charges for going over the 10GB limit.

All this means to ME PERSONALLY right now is that as long as I can keep paying the same rate for UNLIMITED DATA at the grandfathered rate I just have to make sure I have enough dough-in-pocket to BUY at retail the next phone I want and I still SAVE A LOT OF MONEY!

Cheap phones to get locked into a long-term, tiered data plan is NOT a good deal! BUY the frigging phone!

Oh yeah, not to mention, a little bit of rebate you can get by selling last year's phone to someone who would be thrilled to get it for $100 bucks or so cash. There's your discount.

I thought we figured out that it was people on unlimited 3g data moving to 4g would lose their unlimited data, not 4g to 4g people, yet.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I thought we figured out that it was people on unlimited 3g data moving to 4g would lose their unlimited data, not 4g to 4g people, yet.

When the new data plans take effect, anyone getting a subsidized device by renewing their contract will have to choose a new data plan - regardless of 3G/4G.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums