Thunderbolt wont search for update.

baztekdroid

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I had a broken screen and LED so got a brand new replacement and am trying to get the latest update. Unfortunately, when I press check new it looks like it searches for a couple of seconds and just stops with nothing to follow. My phone works great but the software is .9 not the latest offering.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ncapp11

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
My wife's Bolt was having the same updating issue with the timing out. I tried everything possible including a factory reset. Check your online account to see if there is a generic ghost phone icon showing up instead of the ThunderBolt. If so, the SIM card may not be attached correctly. Call tech support and tell them you don't think the phone is attached correctly to your account. Her phone was through Wirefly and it was not activated the right ght way. We went to the local store, got a new SIM and they activated it there with the help of tech support and the updates downloaded right after.

Reactions: baztekdroid

baztekdroid

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your help ncapp11! I called vzw and had the csr check the number that was registered as my phone. Sure enough it was the wrong number. He entered the correct number into the system, I did a batt and sim pull restarted phone and it found update on its own right away. Very happy now! Thanks a million!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund