Best Place to Pick Up Used Tbolt Cheap?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey Team! My warranty just wore out so I was thinking of picking up a spare Tbolt (if I can get a good price). My understanding is that all I need to do to use it is swap sim card from current bolt to new (used) one.

My current Tbolt is rooted with Thundershed 1.4. I was thinking it would be fun to keep a new one stock and then just copy the SD card files over and vary from day to day.

My concern is I obviously don't want a stolen or buggy phone so I don't know if Ebay is the best place to buy a used one? If not any suggestions?

Thanks!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
you can buy on cl and meet them at a. Verizon corporate store. That way you can guarantee that it isn't stolen. No way to guarantee that it isn't defective buying used, and no warranty if you are not the original owner, but you can ask for a guarantee of sorts. Buying from ebay has some protection and if there is a material defect that isn't stated, then you should be able to get your money back though you may have to pay for return shipping. You can also buy third party warranty from squaretrade or whatever. Verizon might also sell you a clnr one, but ymmv on that. Still, doesn't hurt to call and ask.

SamOliver

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. You can get the best deal on Craigslist. Just make sure it has a clean ESN and the water damage indicators are clean.

SellnCLT85

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Another good place is swappa.com. Great place to find used Android phones in good condition & clean ESN's. Definitely check it out.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
there are some phones CPO that do not require a new contract. list might not be all inclusive, but you may have to pay more, however, it does carry a 1 year warranty. there are some smartphones, but i didn't see the Thunderbolt on the list. Mostly older or low end devices For reference, I asked about a basic qwerty phone for my parents, the LG Extravert is $100 with 2 year contract or $110 for a CPO, no contract.

Certified Pre-Owned Replacement Program

Certified Pre-Owned Cell Phones, Smartphones and Devices - Verizon Wireless

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. You can get the best deal on Craigslist. Just make sure it has a clean ESN and the water damage indicators are clean.

How? I found info on water warning but the only choice on esn is to ask vzw? Are they ok with these swaps?

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
How? I found info on water warning but the only choice on esn is to ask vzw? Are they ok with these swaps?

Verizon does not interfere with private sales, but can confirm that it has a clean esn. Beyond that, not much that Verizon has a say on. There is no requirement from Verizon that you must keep the phone after buying it.

ishmoo21

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Thunderbolt from phonesnparts on eBay. Its seller refurbished but it looked absolutely brand new. It was around $150. They are still selling for $99 with a 2 yr contract in Verizon stores so I think its a good deal.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Too bad it looks like Verizon is going to take their time with the Galaxy SIII cause I'd have a Thunderbolt on the market. lol

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I need to wait. I thought tbolts would be available a lot cheaper than they are. I was thinking like 50 bucks.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Then I'll just buy a contract phone when mine expires. I just wanted the tbolt as a spare. If I spend over $150 for it might as well wait and buy the hot phone next summer. Probably won't cost more than 300 with a 2 yr contract. I seldom go over 4 gb a month anyway.

AZSALUKI

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Too bad it looks like Verizon is going to take their time with the Galaxy SIII cause I'd have a Thunderbolt on the market. lol

Haha......considering the s3?

Anyhow, I would go the eBay route. Just buy from a seller with an extensive history and very high rating and make sure it advertises a clean ESN.

sent from my bolt using tapatalk

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I've looked. $200 for bolt (when shipping cost is included), $300 for rezound? If my tb were broken I'd have little choice but as a spare? Just too much money. I've read claims of people getting bolts for 50 bucks and rezounds for a hundred and fifty but either they took advantage of friends or these deals were flukes (or imagined).

Thanks everyone for your suggestions but what seemed an intriguing possibility turned out to be an extravagance.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I see a few on CL for $80 or so but they never contact back. I got mine for $130. It is in good shape, few scratches on the body but otherwise good.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Did the 130 include shipping?

Ive kind of given up on the idea anyway. Only posts I had read in which folks claimed to have purchased bolts for under $100 peaked my interest. If I were going to spend $100 or more I'd want a rezound and the going price on them is close to $300. I'll just wait til April and buy whatever the hottest phone is then.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay