Help!!! Replacement Phone Newbie

AmousmosesMW

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
So I just got a replacement TB sent to me (my other one is having an issue with the camera). Since this is the first replacement smartphone, I just want to make sure I don't lose anything.

These are probably stupid questions, but I just don't want to risk losing valuable data.....

How can I tell for sure that all my pictures and videos are on my SD card?

I want to wipe my current TB clean of any personal information. So I was going to do a Factory Reset before I remove the battery, SD card and SIM card. Another really stupid question, but doing a factory reset won't remove anything from my SD card, correct?

Is there anything else I should be doing before I take the plunge and move the battery, SIM and SD to my replacement phone?

Thanks!

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
The easiest way to make sure the pics & videos are on the SD card is to remove the card, repower the phone and take a look at the gallery. Make a note of anything that shows up. As for the rest, take out the SD card and the SIM card and do the factory reset. The SIM card is for 4G connectivity so it doesn't need to be in the phone to do the reset. Same goes for the SD card.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: AmousmosesMW

AmousmosesMW

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks.

Contacts backed up, pictures and videos moved, apps to be reinstalled once I log into the market and amazon from the replacement phone. Is there anything else I am possibly forgetting?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech