Jelly Bean

motty69

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Been reading about JB on Gizmodo. Sounds like they made some nice improvements. Thinking about getting one of the Nexus 7 tablets and passing my Fire along to my son. At least then I would have some JB goodness.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Forget Jelly Bean, I'm not even interested in ICS! Gingerbread works great on the Thunderbolt! I'll look at newer versions of Android on a future phone. :)

On that note: I even went back to the 2.11.605.9 software from Dec. 2011 in order to restore the hyperlink functionality that was removed in the most recent software (2.11.605.19) due to Apple's patent dispute with HTC (screw Apple!).

Reactions: rvhighway

NotAnotherSN92

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping the next Nexus device will be available for Verizon. I love Sense, but stock Android has become way too beautiful to skin. Just look at ICS! It's the most elegant UI I've ever seen on a phone.

Trentoncc24

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Forget Jelly Bean, I'm not even interested in ICS! Gingerbread works great on the Thunderbolt! I'll look at newer versions of Android on a future phone. :)

On that note: I even went back to the 2.11.605.9 software from Dec. 2011 in order to restore the hyperlink functionality that was removed in the most recent software (2.11.605.19) due to Apple's patent dispute with HTC (screw Apple!).

What exactly is the hyperlink function that has been removed? I am on 605.9 still.

SellnCLT85

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
What exactly is the hyperlink function that has been removed? I am on 605.9 still.

What Apple has won is a formal import ban scheduled to commence on April 19, 2012, but relating only to HTC Android phones implementing one of two claims of a "data tapping patent": a patent on an invention that marks up phone numbers and other types of formatted data in an unstructured document, such as an email, in order to enable users to bring up other programs (such as a dialer app) that process such data. The import ban won't relate to HTC Android products that don't implement that feature, or that implement it in ways not covered by those patent claims. - Business Insider

Sent from my ADR6400L using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

jf2go

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
What Apple has won is a formal import ban scheduled to commence on April 19, 2012, but relating only to HTC Android phones implementing one of two claims of a "data tapping patent": a patent on an invention that marks up phone numbers and other types of formatted data in an unstructured document, such as an email, in order to enable users to bring up other programs (such as a dialer app) that process such data. The import ban won't relate to HTC Android products that don't implement that feature, or that implement it in ways not covered by those patent claims. - Business Insider

Yep, spent a while the other day trying to figure out why I used to be able to Google internet search for a business - then click on the business's address to open up Google Navigation for turn-by-turn. Thanks to Apple, I can't do that anymore on my Thunderbolt. I wonder if only HTC is affected.

tcorkum

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
After waiting so long for SW upgrades and the new features that are available I think if I stick with Android I am going to buy the latest Nexus device. At least I will be able to take advantage of it shortly after Google introduces the next new operating system. (sounds like the way Apple does things)

Trentoncc24

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Yep, spent a while the other day trying to figure out why I used to be able to Google internet search for a business - then click on the business's address to open up Google Navigation for turn-by-turn. Thanks to Apple, I can't do that anymore on my Thunderbolt. I wonder if only HTC is affected.

What if you hold press? Does it work then? I'm still able to select addresses by pressing them and going to the navigation screen, but I'm rooted running eternity which has the 605.9 base, so that's probably why.

Spacemaker24

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site

Seems like a slippery slope.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance