TBpPhone wont receive/send calls but internet works

davwtram

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
My HTC Thunderbolt one day decided to not send or receive phone calls but i am able to use the internet. Also, i am not able to send out SMS with a error message stating, "Would you like to send when digital service is available?" but i am able to receive SMS txt messages. When i do call my phone, it either go straight to voice mail or it rings to voice mail depending on the day i try. I took it to verizon and they changed out my SIM card and my phone still did not work. I dont know whats causing my phone issues. Is it possible to fix it internally?

oldstyle00

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happened to my phone finally with enough complaining they sent me another tbolt. They did a hard reset, changed out the sim card and everything else nothing worked. This one is still working just fine.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Yeah have you tried hard reset?

Try this :

1) power off the phone
2) after has shut down, take off battery door cover and remove battery
3) under battery area at bottom, slide out the sim card
4) leave phone like this for 3-4 min, then slide sim back in, pop in the battery, put door back on, turn on phone

Any better?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

davwtram

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah have you tried hard reset?

Try this :

1) power off the phone
2) after has shut down, take off battery door cover and remove battery
3) under battery area at bottom, slide out the sim card
4) leave phone like this for 3-4 min, then slide sim back in, pop in the battery, put door back on, turn on phone

Any better?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

I did a hard reset and nothing happened. I took it to the verizon store and the guy did the steps you suggested and the phone did work but as i left the store the phone went back to its original broken state. I am so confused on how to fix this. Is my phone broken due to unknown circumstances?

UPDATE: Phone says "No service" what does that mean? Does it mean i didn't pay my bills or i ran out of min? Do i need to reflash my phone?

Last edited:

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I did a hard reset and nothing happened. I took it to the verizon store and the guy did the steps you suggested and the phone did work but as i left the store the phone went back to its original broken state. I am so confused on how to fix this. Is my phone broken due to unknown circumstances?

UPDATE: Phone says "No service" what does that mean? Does it mean i didn't pay my bills or i ran out of min? This is strange.

too bad that did not work, or did for only a short bit.
if you were rooted, I'd tell you to try some other possible remedies, though, if not rooted, the only thing I can suggest is a factory reset. If that does not help, then there is something possibly hardware related that is preventing the software from doing what it's supposed to be doing.

No Service doesn't mean you haven't paid bills or ran out of minutes. If you did "run out of minutes," Vzw will charge you for passing your minute limit with a certain cents/per min cost and not cut your service.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site

UPDATE: Phone says "No service" what does that mean? Does it mean i didn't pay my bills or i ran out of min? Do i need to reflash my phone?

If you are rooted....after you backup your data, UNROOT your phone. Use the "1 step unrooting" program that is in the ROM section of the board. When you take it back to frresh..out of the box ROM....see if it works. If it does:

1. It was the ROM you flashed too.
2. If it is still going on....call up Asurion (I take it you got it from them), and request a BRAND NEW...NEVER BEEN used TBolt. I did last week and they sent me one. My issue was GPS consistantly putting me miles from my location.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34