Phone won't boot up. Please help!

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Found similar problems, but not quite like this one.

My Thunderbolt suddenly froze, so I did a battery pull. After I turned it back on, I sat back and waited patiently for it to boot. It would flash the "Quietly Brilliant" line at me, and then go to the usual Thunderbolt screen, where the phone vibrates and crackles thunder from the speakers. This is where the issue comes in.

After waiting five minutes or so, it will revert back to the "Quietly Brilliant" screen, and crackle thunder at me again, flashing the usual logos and startups. And then it will repeat the same process over and over. I did another battery pull, but it's not helping. Same thing keeps happening. I went to the alternate startup screen using to 'volume-power' method, and tried a reboot from there, but still, no success.

What I'm really hoping for right now is to avoid a Factory Reset again. Admittedly, it's not so bad, but I can't keep doing this every time my phone has a problem. This is the first time anything like this has happened to my baby. It's had minor issues before, but not like this. :'(

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes it is rooted, but I don't think that was the problem. I say was, because I got it to turn back on after leaving the battery out for a full night. However, it's showing signs of possibly going under again. I'm thinking about unrooting, but like I said, I really don't think that's the problem.
I've had some other certain problems, because of root, that were generally easy to fix. This is just some hardware issue, I hope(because I don't want to data wipe....again...). I was thinking that perhaps it is trying to update, but can't?

trter10-imore

ThunderboltTool Developer
Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Yes it is rooted, but I don't think that was the problem. I say was, because I got it to turn back on after leaving the battery out for a full night. However, it's showing signs of possibly going under again. I'm thinking about unrooting, but like I said, I really don't think that's the problem.
I've had some other certain problems, because of root, that were generally easy to fix. This is just some hardware issue, I hope(because I don't want to data wipe....again...). I was thinking that perhaps it is trying to update, but can't?

I'd suggest flashing a ROM and/or wiping data & cache from recovery.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Its called a boot loop either you need to wipe or restore from a backup.
+1

I have had that happen many times. I use "My Backup Pro" to back up all my data. THen I will WIPE everything and I also Mount the SYSTEM and format that too. Then I flash a new ROM.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante