Uh oh! MIght have to unroot

loupitschmann

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
So I had no data connection. I posted here to no avail. Now I have my refurbished Tbolt. Stock ROM. All is well.

When I got the email from Verizon about activating my new device and sending the old one back it didn't say anything about "software alterations" as a reason for having to pay the full retail price of the returned phone.

When the phone came the activating instructions DID say that software alterations on my returned phone would be a cause for them to charge me the full retail price.
This phone has been out of warranty for months, but Verizon sent me a refurbished one at no charge. Bless their big red heart.

I mean, do they really care about the phone being rooted at this point?
Should I unroot?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Better safe than sorry. They can charge you and have seen them do it.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Use this tool All in One UNROOT

Follow the screen. THis is soooooooo easy to do. I have done it about 5 times in the last month (got a refurb phone and had to send it back and get a NEW Tbolt). It takes about 15 mins. maybe 30 at the most. Couldn't be easier.

Make sure you have your SD Card in the old phone...it needs to download some file, it tells you anyways. Also, keep your SIM Card in also until you are back to OUT OF THE BOX resetted (my word) state.

Reactions: trter10-imore

loupitschmann

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I have already downloaded the unroot tool and will unroot tonight. Thanks for the advice about keeping the SIM card in. I am already using my "new" Tbolt. So I'll have to transfer the SIM and the SD card back for the unroot.

I'm noticing improved battery life with the stock Gingerbread on the refurbed Tbolt. I'm not sure if I'm going to root this one. I'm due for an upgrade in December so I think I can hold out until then.

This whole loss of data connection started in Philadelphia, continued in San Diego and in Cleveland so I'm glad to have my data connection back.

loupitschmann

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I planned to unroot tonight, but before I ran the unroot tool I decided to restore the original Verizon ROM. After I restored it I decided to check for a software update and there was one available. I tried to download it and the download started. The phone started to reboot then I ended up with this black screen with a white triangle and yellow exclamation point inside and a little green android below. The screen has stayed this way for ten minutes now. So what do I do?

loupitschmann

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Well I solved my own problem. I just reflashed the ROM and didn't mess with any updates.
It took the unroot files a LONG time to download, but now I'm successfully unrooted and guess what?
As soon as I powered up the phone I had 4G data access! Amazing. Still going to send this one back as the refurbished one I received is just a tiny bit newer looking.

Great software trter 10-2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood