my replacement Thunderbolt

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
!Arrived today. There is a spot in the middle of the screen. Dont know what it is. Called Verizon and will have another one on Mon. This one also runs warmer than my original
Three is a charm, or so they say:p I asked if they had brand new and said they didn't. I hope the one arriving Monday is bolt perfection otherwise I will ask for a different model altogether. What surprised me tho is it came with a new back!!!!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
hopefully this will work good for you! Getting a new phone via warranty is a major ymmv. Just luck of the draw. If they happen to run out of refurb tb, then they will send you a new one. Look for the void sticker on the back, if it is black, then it is new. Green means refurb.

What was the reason for your return originally?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jude526

umpirerob

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So glad I've yet to ever have to replace a phone via warranty or insurance! Now that I've said it, my next phone is doomed!

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Tapatalk 2.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
hopefully this will work good for you! Getting a new phone via warranty is a major ymmv. Just luck of the draw. If they happen to run out of refurb tb, then they will send you a new one. Look for the void sticker on the back, if it is black, then it is new. Green means refurb.

What was the reason for your return originally?

Good tip. Mine came in today. I'll check that sticker now...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
The screen has been non responsive sometimes. I tried troubleshooting and nothing.
Hope the one am getting Monday is cosmetically flawless and works. The screen on this one is flawed. Has a spot on it of some kind and it also runs very hot. My original never ran hot. I will go to a store on Monday if runs hot!

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
I don't understand Verizon and their replacement plan. The phones they send out as replacements are phones that were returned because they were defective. If they're not going to fix them before they send them back out, why do they waste all that time and money on the shipping and support for them? Not only that, but it gives the devices undeserved reputations when people get 3, 4, 8 replacement devices with problems. That makes people think that all of them are problems when in reality, they are just getting sent all the rejects. So this one you're going to send back will get sent back out to someone else. And the cycle will repeat. It's as if they assume that each customer is stupid and there really isn't anything wrong with the device.

Makes me glad I got a good one from the beginning and have not had any hardware problems with it!

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty ticked. Replacement thunderbolt one: they sent me a droid charge. Replacement thunderbolt two: notification light doesn't work. So now we are going on a week to get replacement number four which brings my grand total of replacement thunderbolts to 5. My girlfriend had the same issue and she convinced them to send her a rezound. I am almost there too.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Tomorrow will be the day. Either its good or there will be a visit to the store so I have a witness. I love this phone. Thought it would be trouble free.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand Verizon and their replacement plan. The phones they send out as replacements are phones that were returned because they were defective. If they're not going to fix them before they send them back out, why do they waste all that time and money on the shipping and support for them? Not only that, but it gives the devices undeserved reputations when people get 3, 4, 8 replacement devices with problems. That makes people think that all of them are problems when in reality, they are just getting sent all the rejects. So this one you're going to send back will get sent back out to someone else. And the cycle will repeat. It's as if they assume that each customer is stupid and there really isn't anything wrong with the device.

Makes me glad I got a good one from the beginning and have not had any hardware problems with it!

It has a 100+ point inspection. If the defect isn't in that inspection list, and then it will remain and sent off to another unlucky customer. The only good thing is verizon covers shipping both ways. If you want to get your exact phone fixed, you can do so directly through htc but you would be out of a phone for some time and you have to pay shipping. The rezound is a better phone with a strong radio and less issues, but still not perfect. Then again, no phone, even the iPhone, is perfect. You just have to find a phone that you can live with. Verizon is extremely accomodating, imo, compared to other companies that I have dealt with, but in my experience their csr training and refurbished process is a bit lacking. With that said, most companies these days are similar, and having dealt with att, verizon is still better in my personal experience.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I agree 100% that Verizon is very accomodating to their customers. I used to be a manager years back with an indirect premium location. I would never have service with any other carrier. I just seem to have bad luck with devices. Everyone I have had needs to be replaced. I made it 11 months with the Thunderbolt.....the longest that has ever been.
The screen was lagging and becoming nonresponsive. The replacement device I received on Friday has a spot in the screen and that is very strange. I am getting another one today. I love this phone and hope this replacement is perfect cosmetically and works just as well.
I can't send a phone to HTC because I can't be without a device. When I worked for the indirect (he retired and decided to close) we offered rental phones for customers FREE. Just needed their driver's license and a credit card # on file because if they didn't return it we would charge them 100 for the phone. That was a great service and customers loved it.

loupitschmann

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I also got a refurbished Tbolt after not being able to resolve my lost data connection problem. I was out of warranty, but they sent one anyway. I'm not going to root this one as I'm due for an upgrade in December and I'll live with the stock 2.34.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

+1

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Finally received the 2 nd replacement. It is perfect so far! It is a refurbished. Not new. But can't tell. Again a new back was sent. Screen is perfect. No spots. Am pleased

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Wampa1

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
My 8th thunderbolt is developing the infamous headphone left channel cutting out problem. Verizon tells me they've never heard of one having this problem but I think 4 of my 8 have had it. I will never own a POS HTC phone ever again.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
My 8th thunderbolt is developing the infamous headphone left channel cutting out problem. Verizon tells me they've never heard of one having this problem but I think 4 of my 8 have had it. I will never own a POS HTC phone ever again.

Sorry to hear this. I had the same disgust for Blackberry. That's how I came to Android. Never have looked back. I don't know why min started acting up but am glad it has a good replacement. I just decided to try the thumb keyboard. Am on my tablet right now. Cool keyboard. Think will put on my phone too. .
Have the apps I use on it so am ready now. The back is even more difficult to remove tho. Ridiculous. But its workin:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon