facebook for android connection issues

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
hopefully this thread will be short and sweet. I'm sure most/some of us are experiencing connectivity issues with big red, coincidentally since that last update. but the facebook app has been a downright pain with the infamous "no connection, tap to retry" screen. even when I'm staring at a big "4Glte" with 3-4 bars, I will get this screen. is anyone else having this issue, and how can it be fixed. the market isn't stating that there's an update available, so what to do???

ToddL

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes, seems to happen all the time with various apps, but I notice it the most with Facebook and Foursquare. It doesn't seem like VZW is acknowledging that this is a nation-wide network issue. I just hope a new update is coming soon to fix it.

Reactions: johnriii

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
calling tech support is a joke, because they're oblivious. funny thing is, I can leave facebook, go right to youtube, and load up a video lickety split. so it's got to be an app issue, but who knows???

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed this with Facebook as well. It typically happens to me if I'm using Facebook and the phone hands off to WiFi from 4G (or 3G) and vice versa. My easy fix (if you call it that) is to task kill the Facebook app and then restart the app.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
My son has a Moto RAZR.....I asked if he was having 4G connection issues......he confirmed he was and wasn't happy!. Up to that point I thought "It must be my custom ROM...maybe I will unroot"....but since he confirmed it on his phone that ISN'T ROOTED...100% stock. I figured it was Big Red!.

According to my youngest son......we are experiencing solar flares the last couple of weeks....who knows if that is effecting it.

Facebook will do it as well as my GeoCache program.

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Yep, this has been going on with my tbolt for about two solid months now. 4G blinking in and out like a flickering light bulb. we are paying the highest prices around, they need to get this crap fixed, and fast. however, even when I'm on WiFi, facebook does the same thing. either its the software, or my phone.

ToddL

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Having a twitter conversation with VZWSupport right now. Of course they act like its the first they've heard of it.

Effenhimer

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Here's what keeps happening to me. I go to FB, doesn't want to load and says there's no connection, even though I'm watching the data arrows blink on and off for 4G as other programs are using it in the back ground. Then I'll go to Flipboard, no problems. Then the browser, refuses to use the data connection. Then I'll get an update from Google Play, I go to DL the update, one app DL's fine, another refuses to use the data connection at all. During all of this I never lose 4G signal, and other apps can connect to the data stream with out any problems. TBH, I think the is some sort of permission bug in the soft ware from all the different versions of Android. Sometimes it works, sometimes it refuses. I noticed it after more and more of the apps started updating for ICS...

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Im experiencing the same thing. O really hope there's a fix coming soon. Its a real pain. I hate having to use the mobile site.

aspeo

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
It's most likely the Facebook app. It's always been bad and laggy. Other than facebook, I haven't had any network problems today.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
yea, the FB app is having all sorts of issues with being able to connect to FB. I've also noticed issues with foursquare and even google search as well. I thought about going into a vzw store and asking for a new sim card or flashing back to stock.

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Just go to fb via your browser not by way of app. I saved it as a favorite n click on it goes right in.

THIS is probably the best suggestion, works perfectly (WHEN I have an actual data connection). it sux, but it is a decent alternative.

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
LMAO...now, even going directly to facebook via the browser, it just sits there. all my other bookmarks work, so it's not my connection or my phone.

tjloa69

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I dont know about anyone else but i`ve been having issues both with the app and the browser for facebook ever since the first update the tbolt got. I just force close it and restart it and use it till it acts up again. But i`ve gotten so tired of that routine that i turned off notifications for FB and only use my Desk top for FB now.

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
this morning the mobile app is crap, but going in via the browser works fine. for now. maybe facebook has TOO many people on it at once? somehow, I anticipate them using this as ONE of the excuses to charge us for facebook...."we can improve your experience, but it will take a minimal financial contribution to fix several connection issues". #waitforit

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz