4G LTE in Longview, WA

gutsploder

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Guess I can be not so happy now. 4g at my house blinks in and out like an old neon light. When I used to have strong 3g, now it toggles between 4g and 1x. If I turn 4g off I only have 1x. Big red is sending me a new sim card, but I'm doubtful this will help. They also offered to replace with a rezound if sim card doesn't fix problem. Don't know what to do......

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Pull your battery and SIM card and leave them out of the phone for a half hour. That should reprovision the phone and force the download of a new PRL (Preferred Roaming List) which will make sure your phone is as aware as it can be of the towers in your area.

gutsploder

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I'll try that. Big red gave me a choice between rezound and TB if I do it before Aug. 8 th. On warranty. After the 8th only rezound. Not sure what to do as I know nothing of the rezound except it doesn't have a kickstand :(
I lurk here religiously and read of all the tricks and tips for TB, but have never researched anything on rezound. It has beats audio, and comes with cool headphones which I already own a pair, sooooooo....

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I'll try that. Big red gave me a choice between rezound and TB if I do it before Aug. 8 th. On warranty. After the 8th only rezound. Not sure what to do as I know nothing of the rezound except it doesn't have a kickstand :(
I lurk here religiously and read of all the tricks and tips for TB, but have never researched anything on rezound. It has beats audio, and comes with cool headphones which I already own a pair, sooooooo....

HTC ThunderBolt 4G vs. HTC Rezound - GSMArena.com

Rezound. Hands-down. Do not pass "go", do not let Verizon collect $200.

EDIT TO ADD: Unless you have an extended battery for the T-bolt or other accessories you don't want to re-invest in, that is...

gutsploder

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the link. Just the facts. That I can understand. Mind almost made up.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Rezound on its way...

Good luck with the Rezound! :) It's a good phone. I considered it a while back, but just couldn't give up the kickstand (no kickstand cases for me, prefer naked). Also, they're a fun bunch over in that area of the forum (I frequently visit and occasionally post there). Oh, and congrats on LTE. It's awesome! :)

gutsploder

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Ya, the kickstand thing is a hard pill to swallow. My tb has been problem free up until now. Not one bad thing to say about it. Great phone, great community here with lots of helpful people. Thanks all.

gutsploder

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
So, rezound shows up with bad charging port. Wonky power button, and does not feel solid at all. New one on the way. So far not impressed. Still not ready to ditch thunderbolt. I could take it and beat this phone to pieces..lol

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
So, rezound shows up with bad charging port. Wonky power button, and does not feel solid at all. New one on the way. So far not impressed. Still not ready to ditch thunderbolt. I could take it and beat this phone to pieces..lol

Yeah, I've always felt the Thunderbolt had better build quality than the Rezound. I've compared them side by side many times in the store and always came away feeling the Rezound was lacking. The power and volume buttons are small and black, feel kind of cheap and the battery cover with its little speaker cut out felt the same. I also didn't like that the Rezound's screen is narrower and taller (phone itself as well). Spec wise the Rezound beats the Thunderbolt (except for the native kickstand) and it's a great phone in its own right, but for me it's just not enough to give up the Thunderbolt for. YMMV :)