Music Questions

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping you guys and gals can help me with a few questions I have about listening to music on my Bolt. To start, I have purchased a bunch of music from the Play Store, and 3 albums from Amazon. I can listen to all of the music on both players (Play Music and Amazon MP3 Player), but.......

1. I can download the music I bought from Amazon so that it is permanently on my phone. When I do the same with the Play Music app, it is available to me when I'm offline until I flash a new ROM, and then it disappears, making me have to redo it every time. Meanwhile, the Amazon albums are always available offline after I flash a new ROM. Is there an easy way (or am I missing something obvious?) to keep the music on my phone at all times? or do I have to load the music onto my computer and then manually transfer it to my SD card?

2. Just for fun, I flashed Infected Eternity today so I could try out Beats Audio. However, the stock music player only recognizes the Amazon albums, even after I load up all of my music from Play Music. So then I flashed back to a CM7.2 ROM, and the same thing happens. How do I get the stock music player to recognize my music from Google Play?

3. For those of you that have tried it, does Beats audio make a significant difference in the sound quality or is it just a gimmick?

Thanks everyone for your insight!

kentrol72

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Someone correct me if om wrong but you can only play music purchased throigh the play store from google music player or whatever its called. The misic purchased on play store does not download onto your devices storage, its kept in a cloud account.
Once you pay with Amazon, its yours and downloads to your device.

Reactions: mightyfacundo

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Someone correct me if om wrong but you can only play music purchased throigh the play store from google music player or whatever its called. The misic purchased on play store does not download onto your devices storage, its kept in a cloud account.
Once you pay with Amazon, its yours and downloads to your device.

Thanks for the response. I've spent a bit of time today researching my music questions, and here's what I've discovered:

I can now play music from the Play Store on any of the other music players on my phone. I had to download Google's Music Manager, download my music to my pc, connect my phone to my pc, and then transfer my music to the Amazon MP3 folder (I'm sure I could have copied it to another folder and it would have worked as well) on my SD card. Now the music shows up in all of the music players, which allows me to use Beats Audio if it's on a ROM I'm using.

To keep music from the Play Store on my phone when I flash a new ROM, I just have to do what I did above, and it will always be there.

Beats Audio, from what I can tell, doesn't make a significant difference in sound quality. I'm going to run some more tests, but I don't notice much of a difference between Beats and the non-Beats music players. However, the external speakers and headphones I use aren't the highest quality, so that might have something to do with it.

And thanks for the recommendation kentrol. I'll definitely give Player Pro a listen.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping you guys and gals can help me with a few questions I have about listening to music on my Bolt. To start, I have purchased a bunch of music from the Play Store, and 3 albums from Amazon. I can listen to all of the music on both players (Play Music and Amazon MP3 Player), but.......

1. I can download the music I bought from Amazon so that it is permanently on my phone. When I do the same with the Play Music app, it is available to me when I'm offline until I flash a new ROM, and then it disappears, making me have to redo it every time. Meanwhile, the Amazon albums are always available offline after I flash a new ROM. Is there an easy way (or am I missing something obvious?) to keep the music on my phone at all times? or do I have to load the music onto my computer and then manually transfer it to my SD card?

2. Just for fun, I flashed Infected Eternity today so I could try out Beats Audio. However, the stock music player only recognizes the Amazon albums, even after I load up all of my music from Play Music. So then I flashed back to a CM7.2 ROM, and the same thing happens. How do I get the stock music player to recognize my music from Google Play?

3. For those of you that have tried it, does Beats audio make a significant difference in the sound quality or is it just a gimmick?

Thanks everyone for your insight!

I have bought albums off Amazon a few times. What you might want to do is burn that music to CD. Then after that, rip them to your PC and that will take away the DRM and will be a generic MP3 file. Then you can create a playlist and then put them on your phone.

Beat Audio is ok...it really depends on your headphones. I have 2 different earbuds and they sound different in each one. I prefer the SRS Enhance option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC