Tbolt ICS screen shots?

medic673

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
As a tbolt owner I know this is a sore subject but was wondering if you there are any screen shots of what it might look like?

medic673

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
You have a leak? I have a rezound and tbolt, love them both but very curious to see tbolt in action

Sent from Chucks Rezound

Thirsty1

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
No leak. Liquid ICS. Data is on "1x" but speeds are 2-3 down. Comes with Nova Launcher and a bunch of other goodies. I don't BS, Tbolt owners will be very happy. Google Now works.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I said this in the other thread. Why any Android owner would want their phone to be held back on older versions of software is just mind boggling and defies all modern progression mentalities.

The jump from Gingerbread to ICS is a huge one. You will feel as if you are holding a brand new phone. Sense 3.6 isn't visually significantly more improved over 2.1, you'll notice some things but for the most part it's the same old Sense experience with prettier animations and images. The main thing is whats under the hood of 4.0.x. ICS improves how the system functions dramatically, and Jelly Bean builds on this even more.

For the sake of testing I took my wife's Thunderbolt running Sense Gingerbread 2.3 and compared it to my Thunderbolt running Liquid-ICS 4.0.4 and I loaded up the web browser to compare smoothness and speed. The difference was unbelievable. The TBolt can actually scroll through pages zoomed in without stuttering and freezing it's amazing.

All I gotta say about ICS is you will enjoy it. Very much so. It bothers me that people make claims like "I don't want ICS." that really disappoints me. Those people have no idea what they're missing out on.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
As a tbolt owner I know this is a sore subject but was wondering if you there are any screen shots of what it might look like?

This is about what it will look like with ICS and Sense 3.6, taken from an Engagdet review:

HTC Sense 3.6 preview -- Engadget

final1.jpg

For more info on the good and the bad of Sense 3.6, see this post over at the HTC Amaze part of AC:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-mobile-htc-amaze-4g/176238-sense-3-6-good-bad-wtf-pics.html

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I said this in the other thread. Why any Android owner would want their phone to be held back on older versions of software is just mind boggling and defies all modern progression mentalities.

The jump from Gingerbread to ICS is a huge one. You will feel as if you are holding a brand new phone. Sense 3.6 isn't visually significantly more improved over 2.1, you'll notice some things but for the most part it's the same old Sense experience with prettier animations and images. The main thing is whats under the hood of 4.0.x. ICS improves how the system functions dramatically, and Jelly Bean builds on this even more.

For the sake of testing I took my wife's Thunderbolt running Sense Gingerbread 2.3 and compared it to my Thunderbolt running Liquid-ICS 4.0.4 and I loaded up the web browser to compare smoothness and speed. The difference was unbelievable. The TBolt can actually scroll through pages zoomed in without stuttering and freezing it's amazing.

All I gotta say about ICS is you will enjoy it. Very much so. It bothers me that people make claims like "I don't want ICS." that really disappoints me. Those people have no idea what they're missing out on.

Sense 3.6 IS visually different over 2.1 (see my post above). As to ICS itself, your comparison is an apple’s to orange’s one as you’re comparing vanilla ICS with Nova launcher to Sense on Gingerbread. At this point, we don’t know how well Sense 3.6 may run on ICS or how well the phone will operate overall to make any real comparison. To do so otherwise at this point is misleading and frankly is only your opinion.

P.S. – have to state I notice little stutter and absolutely no freezing when browsing the web on the stock browser running a stock ROM (Sense 2.1 on Gingerbread). Were plug-ins set to on-demand on your wife's phone? That could make a big difference especially if Flash based content is loading on some pages.

medic673

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the responses, I am very much looking forward to it. I love my Tbolt, even over my rezound, it's ics is the only reason I use it lol

Sent from Chucks Rezound

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Compared simple google search results with plugins off on both (since I can't get Flash player to work on Liquid ICS for the life of me) And yes there was significant differences in the smoothness of scrolling/zooming and panning.

Both phones are running stock frequences of 1024mhz and both were using the stock browser.

Like I said casual people won't notice these things, just like I expect a significant portion of the Android community won't notice the difference going from 30 fps to 60 fps in Jelly Bean with Project Butter, but people like me will notice and can appreciate it.

As for your argument that Sense will make the system lag vs AOSP, hardly. It takes up more memory, and chews through minimally more CPU cycles, but I tracked CPU usage using ICS's built in developer options in Settings, and I'm only seeing 7% CPU usage idling at my homescreen under AOSP with Nova with the Phase Beam live wallpaper.

Flip back to Sense 2.1 on my wife's TB running Sense 2.1, and guess what, 3% CPU usage average over the last 5 minutes using SetCPU logging. So your argument is invalid.

ICS will make a dramatic difference, no matter whether you're running Sense or AOSP, the ability to pick up on these improvements all comes down to how tech-casual you are. Me being a computer IT for the last 10 years and building computers for the last 15, also being heavily involved in game design and 3D architectural visualization, as well as software development, I have keen eyes for these sort of changes. And they're there, and totally worth it.

It seems you too notice some of these things, as you claim Sense 3.6 looks drastically different to Sense 2.1. I must remind you that people like us are a minority in the bigger picture of Android. The average HTC user is more like my wife. She uses her phone for calling, texting and listening to music etc. Simple things. If I showed her a Sense 2.1 ROM and then a Sense 3.6 ROM, she'd look at them both and say they look the same, or she doesn't care about the differences. THIS is what I mean by casuals not caring for the upgrades. It simply doesn't matter to them. And this is what HTC banks on, and is correct in assuming, as for their reasons to delay upgrades and hold devices back. Because simply too many people do not care for the differences.

My dad's Droid Razzr Max was upgraded to ICS. I asked him "did you get the update on your phone? It makes it a lot better."

He replied, "what update? it's the same thing I didn't see any updates."

Checked and sure enough, he was on ICS. These are the common people who use these phones. They simply don't know or care to look for these differences. Unless OP is into ROMing and themeing his phone, I highly doubt he's going to notice or care for the difference when his TB gets ICS.

Thirsty1

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I was running everything I use on a normal basis all at once and this ROM didn't even blink. The UI is crisp, maps are fast, Google Now works better than on my GSM Gnex, I'm liking it.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I see you hqve the same radios I do. I thought we needed newer radios. How is you data speed? A speedtest screenshot would be great.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
No leak. Liquid ICS. Data is on "1x" but speeds are 2-3 down. Comes with Nova Launcher and a bunch of other goodies. I don't BS, Tbolt owners will be very happy. Google Now works.

So I saw on another thread that it's only 1x and you've confirmed it, however you're still managing to get a couple mb down, my question is, is the data connection intermittent like what we have with 3g & 4g?

I'm rooted too and probably won't mind flashing this, though if data is still funky I might rethink it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Thirsty1

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
The 906 radios were working great but decided to flash the newer ones just for fun. No difference. Took my Bolt out for the first time in two months to get some real world speed tests (I drive for a living) the results were good. If anyone reading this is on the fence, make your backups and flash this rom. It really is like having a new phone.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Looking at those screenshots reminds me of how much I dislike the font and blue color of ICS, the battery indicator and the static Google search bar that's on every screen (I know it can be hacked and removed though, but it's a lame implementation because they took away the capacitive search button). I actually prefer the look of Gingerbread and/or Sense, the fonts and white/green colors. It all reminds me of the changes Microsoft has made with Windows 7 (and even more so with the upcoming Windows 8). Guess I’m just a curmudgeon as I still prefer Windows XP too. LOL :-[

sorullo_xgrx

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Looking at those screenshots reminds me of how much I dislike the font and blue color of ICS, the battery indicator and the static Google search bar that's on every screen (I know it can be hacked and removed though, but it's a lame implementation because they took away the capacitive search button). I actually prefer the look of Gingerbread and/or Sense, the fonts and white/green colors. It all reminds me of the changes Microsoft has made with Windows 7 (and even more so with the upcoming Windows 8). Guess I?m just a curmudgeon as I still prefer Windows XP too. LOL :-[

This has theme chooser and you can always change all that on the setting, you can even add screen buttons like on the Gnex

Sent from my ADR6400 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair