LOUD Weather alert

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
New HTC phone. Stock. When a weather alert comes it sounds this alert like an air raid and a red triangle with a "!" is in the alerts. I turned it off under optioins the Accuweather app that's default. But it still comes on (at night) Help! It comes as a text message.

Nevermind: I found a setting in sms txt app for Emergency Notifications that I turned off. Weird thing.

Last edited:

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
That feature was added in the last software version (2.11.605.19). Per Verizon's Thunderbolt update page here (see Benefits of Software Update pdf), "Device is enabled with the Wireless Alerting System."

You can adjust them via: Messages, Menu, Settings, Emergency alert. Check off those you don't want:

Presidential alert - can not be turned off
Extreme alert
Severe alert
Amber alert

gvlakers

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Any idea why on my phone when I go to the Emergency Alerts section, there is nothing there? There are no options as you mentioned for disabling

Bakerboy2253

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
You can also go into the weather app when it's open and change settings.

"Enable Notifications" and "Notification Sound".

My sound is currently off.

For the warnings, I have it checked, because I want to know what the weather is doing.

IE High Heat Warning...like I couldn?t tell from sweating my ass off, or ?Air Quality Alert? hey I still have to breath!.... ha ha

Bakerboy2253

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
You can also go into the weather app when it's open and change settings.

"Enable Notifications" and "Notification Sound".

My sound is currently off.

For the warnings, I have it checked, because I want to know what the weather is doing.

IE High Heat Warning...like I couldn?t tell from sweating my ass off, or ?Air Quality Alert? hey I still have to breath!.... ha ha

lemmew

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Any idea why on my phone when I go to the Emergency Alerts section, there is nothing there? There are no options as you mentioned for disabling

I would like to hear more on this as mine is blank as well. It was fine until I performed a hard reset.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey