Bye Bye Thunderbolt !!

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I went from fascinate to charge/tb to Rezound and yes now the SGS. It was quite a jump from the Rezound and I love that phone.

The features on the SGS blow most out of the water. I love watching a video while surfing the Web, pip. Also love taking photos while recording video.

There are not as many roms for the SGS as the nexus, but more and more are posing up each day. Cm10 is close as well.

I would say go down the feature list for the SGS and see if there is something you like.

Personally, I turned the nexus down without a thought. Too many cool new features on the sgs

Sent from my thumbs with no brain censorship

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
That's good feedback. Thanks.

I'm definitely not interested in getting the GN; it's been out too long and like you, I'd rather have the SGS3 if I was to get a new phone today. I'm just trying to look to the future for when I do get a new phone. I want it to be so much better than the Bolt that I feel the same way as the guys in this thread. I know that statement will sound weird to people who had problems with their tb, but this phone has been great for me.

Last question (maybe), are the radios as good as dpham says? Radios and Updates have swayed me from Samsung in the past, but it seems like they're addressing these deficiencies lately. Thanks again!

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Android Central Forums

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Depends, but yes.

My first sgs3, that I bought from a friend, sucked. This second one is PERFECT. People will argue that, but I have no issues at all in a solid 4g area.

If I had to buy today it would be the sgs, but a new htc super phone is getting fcc approval left and right, and the next Nexus is close, not to mention all the holiday offerings.

I would ignore the new Moto offerings since they love locking the bootloader

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Yep, I can't wait to see what's available at the end of the year. I have to believe I'll pick up my next phone as a Christmas present. :)

And I agree: no Motos for me unless they change their bootloader policy.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I am switching to sprint in November or so so I am hoping that that HTC beast is out by then, or that the nexus has stepped its game to sgs level

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Just so that I can have a frame of reference, I'm wondering if you know how much better the SGS3 is than the GNexus? My wife has the Nexus and I've played around with her phone, so it would give me a good idea of the difference. Maybe dpham can chime in... I think he owns every phone released on Big Red! ;)

What? So I have had a few phones here and there...the Tbolt is a really old phone. Yeah, it came out in March 2011, but it's specs, besides LTE, is a 2010 phone. and LTE on the Tbolt sucked compared to my Rezound, Razr Maxx, GS3. I have never had a GNex, so I can't comment on it. I thought about it, but I refused to get a phone with a sub-par radio. I lose data as it is on my Razr Maxx, Rezound, and GS3. In terms of CPU Performance, there has been 2 substantial class upgrades since the TBolt. I love my GS3, it is substantially faster than my Razr. TW, everyone has their own opinion on it...though you could easily get a 3rd party launcher. When first turned on, the gs3 and razr would not be far apart, but after using it heavily for a while, the razr would slow down sustantially and lag. Not so with the gs3. the biggest plus of the gs3 is the 2gb ram, i have had less than 1gb ram free before.

The only reason I am using my Razr is because it supports webtop and has lapdock and the premium hd dock station allows you to connect to monitor and keyboard mouse simultaneously.

Class 1
Tbolt
Charge
Revolution

Class 2
Rezound
Razr Maxx
GNex

Class 3
GS3
Dinc 4G
Razr HD

With that said, wait a few months to see how future phones are coming, there will be better phones here by Christmas for sure. The HTC quad core 5" 1080 display would be my choice in the coming months.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the insight dpham! I appreciate you taking the time to break down the differences between the phones. It gives me a better idea of how far technology has progressed since I got the Bolt. And I was in no way taking a shot at you for having those phones; if anything, I'm just jealous!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I would sell it on Craigslist. Why give ebay a huge % of your money? You can be specific and safe with Craigslist. I have sold 4 phones and no issues and I am female. The buyer HAD to meet me at a corporate Verizon store and cash only. Just be safe. There are idiots out there. But all my sales were flawless and if anyone refused to meet me at CORP store didn't get the phone. I stated it in the ad

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge