HTC response to where is ICS for TB

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
xda-developers - View Single Post - Samsung Stratosphere development?

You have been debunked. RIL is proprietary to the OEM's. I'm sure a direct quote from a phone OEM saying RIL is THEIRS won't be enough for some of you people. But fact is fact. And I'm done dealing with this.

You casuals want to defend HTC and shoot all the hate on Verizon but the fact is this delayed update is HTC's fault. Their phone. Their Sense junk. Their fault.

Good stfu and go away it is obvious that you you know just enough to not be held back in 6th grade but have no shot at high school.

I have yet to have you show me any supporting evidence of your claims.

I guess I should just give myself 20 infraction points and get it over with.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Spacemaker24

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Why all the fuss? We'll get it when we get it. I suggest those of you who are fighting just head down to your local Long John Silvers and get some white fish with hush puppies and relax.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Casuals? Excuse me?

The RIL is provided by Verizon. Period.

Why do you continue to deny fact that is blatant right in your face? What more could you possibly want than a direct quote from a phone manufacturer confirming that the RIL is their proprietary source code, and they do not want that info out in the wild. There is nothing Verizon about that post. YOU are the one who keeps insisting it's Verizon's RIL source, when yet the truth is sitting right in front of you.

Good **** and go away it is obvious that you you know just enough to not be held back in 6th grade but have no shot at high school.

I have yet to have you show me any supporting evidence of your claims.

I guess I should just give myself 20 infraction points and get it over with.

Your true nature shows. I give you the evidence you ask for, and as I expected it wasn't enough to get you to accept reality. It's never enough for your types.

ToddL

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Why all the fuss? We'll get it when we get it. I suggest those of you who are fighting just head down to your local Long John Silvers and get some white fish with hush puppies and relax.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2
Yummy, white fish hush puppies. But that place doesn't sit so well with me about 5 minutes after eating it.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Why do you continue to deny fact that is blatant right in your face? What more could you possibly want than a direct quote from a phone manufacturer confirming that the RIL is their proprietary source code, and they do not want that info out in the wild. There is nothing Verizon about that post. YOU are the one who keeps insisting it's Verizon's RIL source, when yet the truth is sitting right in front of you.

You gave me one link to an Internet post. Really? So show me a link to an actual article.

Your true nature shows. I give you the evidence you ask for, and as I expected it wasn't enough to get you to accept reality. It's never enough for your types.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Then explain why Google identified proprietary Verizon binaries that made the radios work as the reason why the Galaxy Nexus was temporarily removed from AOSP.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Then explain why Google identified proprietary Verizon binaries that made the radios work as the reason why the Galaxy Nexus was temporarily removed from AOSP.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/android-platform/EMjbexyJPh4

Read that, really read it, and then maybe if you guys can open your mind for a few brief moments you'll realize that the Sprint CDMA Nexus S 4G was also removed from Google's AOSP source support.

Hur dur it's all Verizon's fault, yet the Sprint Nexus lost AOSP support too..... I guess it's still all Verizon's fault, at least in a world without logic.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/android-platform/EMjbexyJPh4

Read that, really read it, and then maybe if you guys can open your mind for a few brief moments you'll realize that the Sprint CDMA Nexus S 4G was also removed from Google's AOSP source support.

Hur dur it's all Verizon's fault, yet the Sprint Nexus lost AOSP support too..... I guess it's still all Verizon's fault, at least in a world without logic.

I did. Did you?

From a post JBQ wrote that is linked to in that link:

For various technical reasons, recent CDMA Android devices implement core telephony functionality in .apk files provided in binary form by the carriers. To function correctly, these .apk files must be signed by the so-called "platform" key. However, when an individual creates a custom build from the AOSP source code, they don't use the same signing key as these CDMA flies were signed with.

Myself and Piizzadude eagerly await your apology.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I did. Did you?

From a post JBQ wrote that is linked to in that link:

Myself and Piizzadude eagerly await your apology.

Are you kidding me? I spelled it out for you and you still are trolling me?

Here:

A SPRINT PHONE.

A !@#$ING SPRINT PHONE.

WAS REMOVED FROM THE AOSP SOURCE FOR THE SAME REASON A VERIZON PHONE WAS.

Are you seriously ignorant or are you just trolling me? Please tell me you're just trolling me, because I'll admit it's working. I refuse to believe such blind ignorance could be real.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Last time I checked, both sprint and Verizon are carriers. That control the binaries/APKs that JPQ was talking about and you're claiming come from samsung. And all of those handsets were removed for the same reason.

Or to put it another way:

All of the CDMA nexii were removed from AOSP at the same time, regardless of carrier. All of them were Samsung handsets. Now, the Verizon ones are back. So, using critical thinking, you can deduce that the issue was not getting proprietary radio software from Samsung, it was getting it from the carriers. Verizon has allowed Google to use it, while sprint has not. (Hence the reason why the sprint galaxy nexus is not in AOSP, despite being the same handset as the Verizon one)

Hope that cleared it up for you. We're still waiting for the apology.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Not getting any apologies from me, I stand by what I said (and researched.)

All the information that was needed was in that XDA Samsung quote. All your dissecting and nit picking doesn't change the fact that the original point still stands: Verizon does not make the ROM's. They do not cook the RUU's. HTC (and the other OEM's) do. Verizon uses CDMA. CDMA is a PITA for open source. At the basic level each chipset is different, and it's up to the OEM to come up with drivers for it. End of story.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

All the information that was needed was in that XDA Samsung quote. All your dissecting and nit picking doesn't change the fact that the original point still stands: Verizon does not make the ROM's. They do not cook the RUU's. HTC (and the other OEM's) do. Verizon uses CDMA. CDMA is a PITA for open source. At the basic level each chipset is different, and it's up to the OEM to come up with drivers for it. End of story.

Verizon controls the radio software. We have confirmation of that from Google and the Android team. There has been no nitpicking.

Verizon has far more influence on the software than you are saying they do. They are the reason for the delay, not HTC.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

There are 4 binaries for the RIL, any RIL. 3 of them are in the open source code. The 4th is vendor specific. This is your hold up. Hey guess what? The only 2 that lost AOSP support were CDMA networks. How about you open your mind a bit

Are you kidding me? I spelled it out for you and you still are trolling me?

Here:

A SPRINT PHONE.

A !@#$ING SPRINT PHONE.

WAS REMOVED FROM THE AOSP SOURCE FOR THE SAME REASON A VERIZON PHONE WAS.

Are you seriously ignorant or are you just trolling me? Please tell me you're just trolling me, because I'll admit it's working. I refuse to believe such blind ignorance could be real.

See above. No trolling on my part, i just cannot believe how thick you are being.

I am pretty sure I explained the process. but here goes again.

Google puts out AOSP. This will not run on Verizon, pretty much at all in this state.

HTC grabs the source from up there and integrates sense, the drivers for everything and a few other goodies. In this state, It might boot, but I doubt it

Verizon then takes it in adds in bloatware (I would even mention games, but data widget, verizon backup assistant and crap like that.)

They also add in the RIL and make sure it can run on their network without issues.

Anyone can compile a ROM with the right binaries.

Let me appeal to your common sense here for a minute. Verizon is not going to share proprietary information (their part of the RIL). The are also not going to allow an unapproved, experimental device on the network. They have a walled off network to experiment on.

Furthermore, Why would HTC devote Time, Money, Resources, and things like that for things that Verizon gets paid for?

Here I know that Google is failing on you big time but I will show you how it is: Android Is As Open As The Clenched Fist I'd Like To Punch The Carriers With | TechCrunch

Please if you are going to try to prove something, do not use a post on a forum to try, get a real article.

Verizon controls the radio software. We have confirmation of that from Google and the Android team. There has been no nitpicking.

Verizon has far more influence on the software than you are saying they do. They are the reason for the delay, not HTC.

Just in case you missed it last time: Android Is As Open As The Clenched Fist I'd Like To Punch The Carriers With | TechCrunch

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
In addition. I read through that whole thread. it is all over that thread that it is VERIZON and SPRINTs fault for the proprietary binaries.

Read your own proof and then you can slink off.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Lol alright
Carry on.
:p

I'm on an unlimited data plan and still have my Thunderbolt. I figure if the Tbolt never gets ICS, I can maybe raise enough money to buy a Nexus with cash. :)

So keep the nerd rage flowing, folks, start making accusations of "working for xyz" and I might be able to charge more, :-$

:cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois