Ice cream sandwich

kcthwun

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok so how many more times are they gonna keep repeating the same bs but in a diffrent way?

And thanks for the link

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm not going back to that thread. Fists are flying over there. Lol.

Yes they are. Still, the first post is the only one that I will take credit for referencing :D. I seriously don't get all the frustration. Like Mr. Incredible said - "We'll get there when we get there". No amount of complaining or posturing will make time go any faster. I'd love to have ICS on my TB, but I'm not an aftermarket ROM builder or user. So, I guess that I'll wait.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing before the end of September.

We're going to have to see some RUUs coming out this week if there's any hope of that.

We'll see, but I bet I'll see ice on my windshield and snow in my driveway before I see Ice Cream Sandwich on my Thunderbolt.

OmahaPlaya

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
This is why I root. To hell with HTC. I'm running Jester's version of Liquid's ROM and I'm loving it especially having Google Now on my phone.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
This is why I root. To hell with HTC. I'm running Jester's version of Liquid's ROM and I'm loving it especially having Google Now on my phone.

Stock ROM's work best for my needs (I'm still very content with Gingerbread on the Thunderbolt, works great!), so no interest in custom ROM's as of yet. But I do like rooting my devices to have full control over them; in particular to stop OTA's (prefer flashing official stock RUU's, cleaner process than an OTA upgrade), use a blocking hosts file (ex. MVPS), and be able to make nandroid backups. :)

As to Google Now, it does nothing for me and IMO is highly overrated. I actually find it easier and more accurate instead to visit web sites directly or use specific apps on an as needed basis, all of which is done without giving up more personal information (location and web search history - required for Google Now to work). I've always highly limited or disabled those two items for privacy reasons. Google knows enough about me without volunteering more (adjusting tin foil hat :-[).

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
What's the latest on it? Will it come or has it been canned?

Alright, this place is too quiet, gotta stir up some activity! ;) Check this out below from last week. Sounds almost laughable to me. It's probably just the authors attempt at getting page hits.

HTC ThunderBolt Ice Cream Sandwich Update Rolling Out in October?

The HTC ThunderBolt Ice Cream Sandwich update that has been delayed since the end of August, might finally roll out to ThunderBolt owners by the end of October.

We received a tip today from a reader who says that Verizon informed them, through a phone call, that the HTC ThunderBolt Ice Cream Sandwich update is in the final stages of testing and that Verizon currently plans to roll it out by the end of October.

The person is a HTC ThunderBolt owner who sent Verizon an email venting frustration over the Ice Cream Sandwich delay. And much to their surprise, Verizon called them and relayed the above information. It’s unclear at this point whether Verizon has begun telling other inquiring HTC ThunderBolt owners something similar or if this person just so happened to get information they weren’t supposed to.

So at this point, while this seems to be pretty credible, HTC ThunderBolt owners will still want to circle the month of October in pencil but we wouldn’t get excited just yet.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Good info.....

I have it under good authority from my ex-girlfriend's step dad's son from his 2nd marriage who heard from his best friend's nephew's Great Aunt on his mother's side that the Bolt will see a JB update by the end of November.

And I believe her; I mean him; no wait, I did mean her. Or did I? I'm so confused.

Gottabemobile should be ashamed of themselves for posting this.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Alright, this place is too quiet, gotta stir up some activity! ;) Check this out below from last week. Sounds almost laughable to me. It's probably just the authors attempt at getting page hits.

We're going to have to see some RUUs coming out this week if there's any hope of that.

We'll see, but I bet I'll see ice on my windshield and snow in my driveway before I see Ice Cream Sandwich on my Thunderbolt.

(note that I just cut-and-pasted my post from a month ago, since the answer is the same and only the month has changed. 12 days simply isn't enough for an RUU test cycle.)

The Pumpkin King won't have anything for our trick-or-treat bags this Halloween, kids. I don't see any way that is even remotely possible. We get stale Gingerbread this year.

Tom the Turkey might be bringing an ice cream sammy for Thanksgiving dinner. Santy Claws might bring something for Exmas. But I wouldn't be surprised if the Easter Bunny left us a note next year saying that the Thunderbolt, which will be three years old at that point, is simply not worth wasting good Ice Cream Sammies on.

redcat22

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude