I posted this on both HTC and Verizon's Facebook pages.

designwebs

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I am so tired of seeing everyone get ICS and JB and here us tbolt owners are getting nothing but the silent treatment from both HTC and Verizon. And now HTC is posting stuff about other phones on the Thunderbolt page. What are you guys trying to do rub it in? This is a JOKE. Just come clean and tell us we are not getting ICS for our tbolt's and be done with it already.

redcat22

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Well, now that we're in October, i doubt we're getting it officially... but you can always root your phone to get ICS if you really want it.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
While I understand your frustration, posting that on HTC and Verizon's Facebook pages probably isn't going to make any difference, especially with Verizon who would rather you get a new phone than stick with one that's a year and half old. In fact I’m surprised they’re even putting any effort into ICS as there isn’t much incentive for them to spend the time needed to produce it, push it out, then get the related customer service calls. I can however see where it may benefit HTC to some extent as far as brand loyalty, but in reality that sentiment applies more to hardcore fans, the types who frequent forums such as this and are NOT in the majority. Myself, I find that "a cut your nose to spite your face" kind of thing. It just limits your choices if you start throwing around, “I’ll never consider HTC again unless we get ICS!” Otherwise, the vast majority of those that still have the Thunderbolt are either content as it is on Gingerbread and/or are not even aware of any potential ICS update. Then there are those like me who frequent this site and consider myself a hardcore Android user, but am still content (and appreciate) how well the Thunderbolt operates on Gingerbread and really don't see anything with ICS that is worth risking that. :)

dobermans rule

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
While I don't have the thunderbolt, I am in the same boat as you. I have the Droid Incredible 2 and we were supposed to have it by the end of August. I personally don't really care anymore about it, just because my phone runs perfectly on gingerbread. I definitely understand what you guys are saying, but posting stuff and complaining isnt going to get you anywhere. It is just going to tick off the manufacturers because they don't really care about updating a phone thats not really a flagship. They would just rather us buy a newer phone....

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
It's falling on deaf ears if you want ics, root your phone and flash ics

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Yep, but if you don't want to root and still want most of the features of ICS, install a Launcher for a stock ICS experience. Easy to play around with and if you don't like it, just uninstall and you're right back to Sense.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
No offense, but wouldn't it have been more efficient to simply add your post to one of the other threads complaining about the fact that we don't have Ice Cream Sandwich yet? That way, it doesn't repeat the whole "root it if you don't like it", "but I like Gingerbread!", "We'll never get it!", "It'll be out in a month!" discussion that happens every month or so?

boochrisboo

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I love my bolt but come on ICS is a big step up from Gingerbread and Sense 3.6 is way better than the stock sense what is it 2.1 that is on the bolt... I did flash ICE and love my bolt even more since...But i don't really know what it was i did not like more Gingerbread or that horrible sense skin. And for what it is worth I was at Verizon store and the rep definitively told me Verizon will not be pushing an OTA for the bolt.
BCB

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech