I LOVE My Thunderbolt Again!

AFirefighter

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I have had my Thunderbolt since day 1's release at Best Buy. I loved it. Then hated it for a good 12-15 months. Now I love it again. I went to Best Buy. Had them check it since it had horrible data drop issues, among other things. It was showing 1x in Best Buy and the mobile reps said that's ridiculous and should not happen. They sent it in, gave me a POS loaner for 2 days (That was hell enough), and I got my T-bolt back last Friday.

WOW ... what a difference a WORKING phone can make. I have had 4G data almost non-stop. If it drops 4G it hits 3G or 1x right away. I've had data signal in the middle of nowhere, which was never the case before. The phone loads web pages instantly, and Google Maps actually works now when I have 4G and full bars lol. It's unheard of!

Just wanted to post something happy for a change :) I'm VERY happy with this phone now!

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I'm glad Best Buy did you right on that one. Did you have an extended warranty or is this normal for them?

I've noticed data has been a little squirrelly of late, but I figure with all the 4G/LTE upgrades going on Verizon might not be giving the Thunderbolt/Rezound's "special" CDMA band the kind of care and attention it used to get back when we were a flagship phone.

elindquist1

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm thrilled for you and envious at the same time. I loved my TBolt for the first year or so. Since the last update in May, I friggin' hate this thing. Lags are ridiculous and the reboots are more than ever. I can not wait for my contract to end in December and use this as a paperweight. Never will I buy an HTC phone again.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Mine is just over a year old, company issue so I can't root or ROM it, and I've got until next September with it. Unless it somehow breaks, of course - my company would cover the cost of a replacement and I could probably choose something newer. It would be wrong to do that intentionally, of course. And knowing my luck they'd find a scratched-up old Droid Pro (our other Verizon choice) in a drawer somewhere and give me that. LOL

Or, even worse, an iPhone 4. (shudders)

All kidding aside, the Thunderbolt has been a pretty good phone to me so far. Is it perfect? No. Reboots are annoying, if thankfully rare, and the data drops are annoying, if also thankfully rare. The biggest gripe is battery life, and was pretty easily if inconveniently fixed by adding the HTC extended battery (which I still argue should have been included with the phone as the stock battery, even though the phone is a damned BEHEMOTH with that thing and a nice Seidio case over the top).

redcat22

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I have had my Thunderbolt since day 1's release at Best Buy. I loved it. Then hated it for a good 12-15 months. Now I love it again. I went to Best Buy. Had them check it since it had horrible data drop issues, among other things. It was showing 1x in Best Buy and the mobile reps said that's ridiculous and should not happen. They sent it in, gave me a POS loaner for 2 days (That was hell enough), and I got my T-bolt back last Friday.

WOW ... what a difference a WORKING phone can make. I have had 4G data almost non-stop. If it drops 4G it hits 3G or 1x right away. I've had data signal in the middle of nowhere, which was never the case before. The phone loads web pages instantly, and Google Maps actually works now when I have 4G and full bars lol. It's unheard of!

Just wanted to post something happy for a change :) I'm VERY happy with this phone now!

Hey that's great! Those Best Buy geeks know what they're doing lol. Did you ask what they did to give you better data connection?

AFirefighter

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
They actually got me a new (refurb) Thunderbolt. I STILL love it. It has lost data connection maybe 2 times total since I got the new one, and that was most likely my fault for being in a bad area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12