Radio Knowledge

dccapo

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

I have just recently rooted my TB for the 1st time, using Jesters most recent ICS rom (Liquid ICS v1.5 MR3). Although I find the rooting experience and the rom itself to be faster,smoother and quite enjoyable, I seem to be having an issue with my 4g connection. I'm baffled because prior to rooting, I never really had an issue with my 4g or 3g connection. I actually could use the stock Verizon Hotspot without any problems or interruptions. Now, I find myself losing my connection atleast once or twice a day, having to turn the radio on and off using the LTE ON/OFF app.

This is not a complaint, but I guess I'm trying to get a better understanding of why when changing roms, one must change radios as well. I followed the installation instructions to a T...and I know that I have a different radio than I did when I was stock... so would it/is it...possible to keep the radio that I was operating off of and change roms? Like I said...I'm fairly new to the Android rooting experience, and I'm just trying to get a better understanding.

Sent from my NookColor using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

redcat22

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I am far far from an expert, but i try to learn what i can as i go along...especially after flashing Nusense. I don't know what radios you have now, assuming they are the leaked ICS radios because you're on an ICS ROM, but you should be to use GB radios with ICS ROMs and vice versa. Heck, you can even use a GB radio for 3G CDMA and an ICS radio for 4G LTE at the same time. This is actually a decision/process that many people are making when flashing ICS ROMs, particularly Nusense. Not every Tbolt is the same regarding hardware, they're quirky like that. That's why some people have to use different radio combos to get custom ROMs to work on their phone. I re-read your post and i think i answered your question.:)

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

I have just recently rooted my TB for the 1st time, using Jesters most recent ICS rom (Liquid ICS v1.5 MR3). Although I find the rooting experience and the rom itself to be faster,smoother and quite enjoyable, I seem to be having an issue with my 4g connection. I'm baffled because prior to rooting, I never really had an issue with my 4g or 3g connection. I actually could use the stock Verizon Hotspot without any problems or interruptions. Now, I find myself losing my connection atleast once or twice a day, having to turn the radio on and off using the LTE ON/OFF app.

This is not a complaint, but I guess I'm trying to get a better understanding of why when changing roms, one must change radios as well. I followed the installation instructions to a T...and I know that I have a different radio than I did when I was stock... so would it/is it...possible to keep the radio that I was operating off of and change roms? Like I said...I'm fairly new to the Android rooting experience, and I'm just trying to get a better understanding.

Sent from my NookColor using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

You'll find that, as you play around flashing different ROMs, different radio and ROM combos will work and some will not. Some will work better than others too. Best advise is to try flashing different radios and see which work best. Always verify the md5 sum of the radios as well. Always.

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt

dccapo

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the replies. I guess I'll just have to try a few different radios to see which one works best for me.

Sent via HTC Thunderbolt ICS style

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks