Nearing the end of my term with the Thunderbolt and I can't get a new phone quick enough. I like the display and the solid feel, but switching between 3g and 4g has been brutal. Yesterday was one of my worst-case scenarios in that I went through areas that perform only when LTE is off, areas where only when LTE is on and areas where going in and out of 3g/4g areas leave me with no data at all. I can deal with the occasional reboot (couple times a week) and I can even deal with it coming up locked in landscape mode after rebooting in the cradle. Not being able to go "mobile", though, is a critical failure that will likely chase me from HTC altogether.
    10-24-2012 07:24 AM
    I understand the frustration (been there, done that), but I wouldn't let it chase me away from HTC. Instead I chalk it up to the Thunderbolt being a first generation LTE device. Its unique radio configuration that allows simultaneous voice/data over 3G, something it shares with the Rezound, probably factors in as well. What IS driving me away from HTC though is the non user-replaceable batteries.
    10-24-2012 08:19 AM
    I understand the frustration (been there, done that), but I wouldn't let it chase me away from HTC. Instead I chalk it up to the Thunderbolt being a first generation LTE device. Its unique radio configuration that allows simultaneous voice/data over 3G, something it shares with the Rezound, probably factors in as well. What IS driving me away from HTC though is the non user-replaceable batteries.
    Unfortunately, it's not just HTC. Motorola is using non-replaceable batteries i.e. the Razr. Samsung didn't do that with the GS3 surprisingly but, i feel it's just a matter of time before they follow suit.
    10-24-2012 12:51 PM
    Unfortunately, it's not just HTC. Motorola is using non-replaceable batteries i.e. the Razr. Samsung didn't do that with the GS3 surprisingly but, i feel it's just a matter of time before they follow suit.
    Yah, I really hope HTC reverses their trend and brings back user replaceable batteries for at least some of their phones, such as the Thunderbolt 2! Otherwise, I'll be forced to look else where as I simply cannot consider a phone with a non user-replaceable battery, at least until the day battery tech drastically improves. As it stands now, I'd have to go with either the Samsung Galaxy S3 or the Note 2.
    10-24-2012 01:45 PM
    I switched to a GS3 a little over a month ago. I liked my Thunderbolt, used it for about a year and half, but since switching it has opened my eyes to what a more refined smartphone can do. I never have to turn 4G off anymore to make it through a day and have not had any data drop issues yet! Much more user friendly experience.
    10-25-2012 06:36 AM
    Counting down the days 'til I pick up a new device. So many to choose from come December.
    Been rebooting like crazy the past couple days... did a factory reset last night. Just need it to hang in there another month.
    10-25-2012 08:40 AM