No 4G/3G/1X connection. help?

Russosaur

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
So, for the past couple months I have had problems with my phone dropping signal like 3G/4G then coming back after a minute or so then to either drop again or stay for the rest of the day. So today I turn on my phone and I have 0 data connectivity, no 4G,3G, or 1X. I can still receive texts (kinda it wants to give me message send or receive failures sometimes), I have tried everything I can think of battery pull, SIM pull (first time I did this I got 1x, then after a minute or so it went away), SD card pull. Multiple reboots, restoring to previously backed up points, trying other ROM's with no luck. Right now I am in the process of un-rooting my phone back to stock to see if anything helps, if not I plan on calling or going to the Verizon store tomorrow and seeing about a new SIM card. If that fails, I think i have insurance for a replacement and maybe I can push to get whole different phone (Galaxy S III maybe, I doubt it). I also tried the ##778 and changing that setting. Unless I am completely missing something I think my phone is dead.

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
thats weird, when you did the sim pull. did you start the phone and let it sit for aminute, then turn it off and reinsert the sim card? I know on my rezound I was only getting 3g, and Mr. Smith told me to do that and it brought my 4g back.

Russosaur

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I pulled the SIM and SD powered the phone on for about a minute or so, put SIM and SD back in and still had nothing. Still working good on stock for now, I will probably root again later when I feel like messing with it. When my headphones are plugged in my ringtone still goes through the speaker on the phone, which I didn't realize until my phone went off in school today with headphones plugged in. It has never done that before.

drsbritton

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I have had the same problem for the past 2 months. Did a factory reset on October 4th. Got better, but back to doing it again. I was happy when Verizon said they were sending me a new phone! Unfortunately, it's another Thunderbolt... I told the gal this is the last one I'm willing to try. Hopefully it lasts until my upgrade in April.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Russosaur

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm back my phone dropping down to no mobile network again. It works then it drops all network 4g 3g 1x then comes back but won't work then it drops again works. That's basically what is happening over and over.

KJ78

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Having the same issue. Got a warranty replacement. That had probs so I went to menu, wireless networks, mobile networks, access point names, reset to default. That worked for a little while. Called back today and am waiting on an analyst to call me back. I may be given a different device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89