Launch Day Thunderbolters

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I really don't have any concerns regarding the Note 2 and its SD card support. I only use the SD card to store some media files, documents and nandroid backups (then copy them to my home NAS for backups). I plan on using the 32GB SD card from my Thunderbolt in the Note 2 of which I'm only using may be 2GB of it. Otherwise, the 16GB internal storage space on the Note 2 (and my 16GB Nexus 7) is more than enough for me as I average a little over 1GB of storage use (Don't play games or use any apps that require a lot of space).

I'm also content with the version of Jelly Bean the Note 2 is shipping with and am not concerned whether it gets newer versions of Android and how that may affect the SD card. If it does get newer versions, I'm confident Samsung will keep things working well with the SD card. If that turns out not to be the case, I have no problem staying on older software and disabling OTA updates; something I just did with my Nexus 7 in order to stay on 4.1.2 as I don't like the changes for it in 4.2 nor have any use for 4.2's new features. Anyway, that's my 2 cents. :)

Thanks. What you say makes absolute sense, and I appreciate your feedback. :thumbup:

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

ksb63

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Day one adopters, wifes still running great with stock battery, I'm on my second the first one died from stupid body glove design, kept jumping off belt till screen shattered the first week. I had the rezound battery till last week now have extended and while I want new phones hate to lose unlimited because we both use a minimum of 6 gigs a month.

HTCTundaBow

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Tbolt since launch day. It's now biting the dust. I've never had a case on it, and it looks pretty rough. The volume rocker doesn't work, and the phone only turns on after beating it against a desk during the white screen, lol. Ghetto as fuuu. The hardest part about getting a new phone is giving up my beloved KICKSTAND! Arrrrgghhhh, I even asked the HTC rep at VZW if they were bringing back the kickstand. . . She just laughed. . . I don't think she took me seriously.

I want a new phone, but I don't want to sign a new contract with VZW and lose my unlimited. I think I'll be buying the Nexus 4 and switching over to Tmobile or ATT.

Jdyount

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
T-bolt day 1 for me and really, I've loved it through the issues . There has been a few, but nothing I couldn't live with (I've been rooted so I wasn't effected by the update fiascos and lack of updates). At this point, my stock battery just can't keep up with the T-bolt's battery hunger.... Its old tech and time to move on. I ordered the DNA last night so I'll have it on day 3. At this point they should have the 4g down so I don't anticipate battery issues.

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Well if you were like me and got your Tbolt on launch day, most of us are able to use an upgrade today!! Are any of my fellow friends going to burn an upgrade and lose unlimited for the DNA or Note 2? Or is your Bolt still going strong and you're hanging on?

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt

I switched to T-Mobile and got the S3 (for free after a good ol' mail in rebate). I told the employee in-store straight up when I went in for an upgrade that if I can't keep my unlimited data without buying a phone outright that I was switching to t-mobile while they were having this amazing sale. So yeah. I did that.

Thunderbolt is a toy now though! I'm a bit excited for that part of its life :D

Edit: I would like to add, however, that my phone is still in 100% perfect working condition! Other than the kick stand peeling, it is also in flawless physical condition! It had a good 4G LTE able lifespan!

njgsx96

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Had a TB on day 1 and while I loved it, I am now a proud DNA owner! Love the DNA. It is such an awesome phone. Makes me not even remember my TB! HAHAHA

sirlancelot323

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Bought the Thunderbolt March 20th, 2011. Wanted to love it so bad.

Couldn't though. Constant problems since I owned the phone. I was on my 3rd replacement, still constant data drops, WiFi problems, battery issues, even the SD Card(the first TBolt I had had a faulty SD Card and the phone wouldn't read it). It reached a point, after 3 failed updates(the first update caused a million reboots, the 2nd killed battery life[although reducing the reboots somewhat], and the Gingerbread update broke Voicemail notifications. And Tbolters are still waiting for a promised ICS upgrade(a year-old OS at this point).

I bought a Motorola RAZR HD today. We'll see how good this phone is...gonna monitor the battery life; see how it does. Everyone I know who owns a RAZR(Maxx/HD or not) loves it.

OmahaPlaya

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I have a launch day 'bolt and it's now on it's third battery. I'm pretty much wanting to chuck it somewhere due to it dying although I'm doing my best to hang on as long as possible having put a aosp rom on it running ICS. Just need to scrape up the funds for RAZR MAXX HD.

7UP

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I too have loved my T-Bolt. Only one exchange in the last two years. No real problems to speak of but yes, its "old" now. But it was and still is a good phone.

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm finally starting to get the wicked data drops and boy are they frequent. What's funny and coincidental is that I never had any sort of data drop up until this weekend...1 day after I was available for upgrade. Strange. Oh well. Note 2 preordered and hopefully on its way this week.

Sent from AOSP Thundershed powered 4GLTE Thunderbolt

rolo99

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Not a day 1 TB'er but a couple months after. I recently got a Razr Maxx HD and LOVE it! Battery alone was worth the switch. I still look around to plug it in somewhere but then I remember that I don't need to!

J-Dam

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Day one owner and have zero interest in going anywhere anytime soon. Still love my T-Bolt as it does everything i need and still runs like a well oiled machine.

oberkc

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Is there anyone here besides me that is considering moving on from phones and relying on a small wifi-only (or data-only) tablet for their communication needs? I have a tablet at home on which I make and recieve phone calls, and carry with me an iPad on which I can make and recieve phone calls when connected via wifi. (In both cases, I use a combination of google voice, skype, and various apps to make all this work. Works great for texting, as well.)

One can go with a data-enabled tablet ($10 per month versus $40 for phone) or a wifi tablet with jet pack ($20 per month). There are several advantages to this besides plan savings: devices are cheaper and not necessarily limited to those available from verizon. The downside appears to be increased use of data (for voice), increased workload for device management (keeping more devices charged) and tracking/carrying multiple devices at times.

I am shopping for that perfect 5" tablet to go in my pocket for when I am traveling around without my bag of junk.

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Is there anyone here besides me that is considering moving on from phones and relying on a small wifi-only (or data-only) tablet for their communication needs? I have a tablet at home on which I make and recieve phone calls, and carry with me an iPad on which I can make and recieve phone calls when connected via wifi. (In both cases, I use a combination of google voice, skype, and various apps to make all this work. Works great for texting, as well.)

One can go with a data-enabled tablet ($10 per month versus $40 for phone) or a wifi tablet with jet pack ($20 per month). There are several advantages to this besides plan savings: devices are cheaper and not necessarily limited to those available from verizon. The downside appears to be increased use of data (for voice), increased workload for device management (keeping more devices charged) and tracking/carrying multiple devices at times.

I am shopping for that perfect 5" tablet to go in my pocket for when I am traveling around without my bag of junk.

I was going to do just that. A flip phone for calls/texts and a 3/4G enabled tablet for everything else.

Then I realized what a pain in the ass it would be to have to carry both devices everywhere since I don't carry a briefcase/backpack. And the only reason I was really doing it was to save some dollars.

Nah. Got a Razr Maxx HD instead.

kentman

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Had gone to the Nexus in April but broke the screen in September. Back on the TB until now. Note 2 is my destination in the next couple days.

oberkc

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I was going to do just that. A flip phone for calls/texts and a 3/4G enabled tablet for everything else.

Then I realized what a pain in the ass it would be to have to carry both devices everywhere since I don't carry a briefcase/backpack. And the only reason I was really doing it was to save some dollars.

Nah. Got a Razr Maxx HD instead.

But you don't have to carry both. My suggestion was not to get a tablet AND a dumb phone, but a small tablet to REPLACE my phone. If you need your tablet, it is completely capable of making phone calls and sending texts.

Saving dollars is not trivial.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes