Updating Apps During Certain Times

dougeetx

Pimpin' Ain't Easy
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I have a droid thunderbolt and unfortunately, I have HughesNet. My daily download limit is 350 megs and overnight, it's unlimited from 1am - 6am CST. How do I set my phone to update only during my off peak hours? Thanks!

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I think you're gonna have to update them manually if you want them to update during those hours. I don't think there's a way to set the schedule within the Play Store settings. There might be an app like Atooma or Tasker that will allow you to do it, but I'm not positive of that, or how to set it up.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a droid thunderbolt and unfortunately, I have HughesNet. My daily download limit is 350 megs and overnight, it's unlimited from 1am - 6am CST. How do I set my phone to update only during my off peak hours? Thanks!

I do all of my updates manually, so scheduling them isn't much of an option.

Most software updates are going to be a few megabytes at most, so you probably won't notice them in your daily 350MB allocation unless you are cutting it very close every day.

When there's a larger bit of software you need to update, just save a few of them up over a few days and then stay up late and pull them all at once, perhaps?

What is your cell data plan like? Can you use that for updates?