"Feels Great In hand" is code for .....

linebusy

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Was at the Verizon store today expecting to be awestruck by the DNA. With all the talk and reviews, I figured I'd be blown away by it and wouldn't be able to put it down.
Put it down, nothing. I couldn't pick it up! OK, maybe it wasn't that bad, but still, I couldn't help but wonder what all that "great in hand" feel people were talking about. I determined it was code for "holy crap, this thing is huge". It's not Note 2 cartoonish big, but over-sized none-the-less. I'd also say they got the edges a bit too thin, to the point they almost feel sharp. Next time I see someone use that term, it'll do nothing but raise suspicion.;)

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
not your cup of tea huh? I think I would like a 5" phone (not a big jump from my 4.8") and I usually put things in a case so it wouldnt bother me.

besides that, how did you like the software and screen?

linebusy

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
not your cup of tea huh? I think I would like a 5" phone (not a big jump from my 4.8") and I usually put things in a case so it wouldnt bother me.

besides that, how did you like the software and screen?

Can't say for sure. They had it in an area that had what I'd describe as "theater lighting". The screens on all the phones there appeared vibrant. Only had a minute to hold it and didn't get to explore too much. I had played with the Note 2 at another store just long enough for my wife to laugh out loud at it, and knew the DNA was going to be smaller, but still a bit surprised to see just how big it is. For me, it felt a bit awkward holding it.

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Sorry op . . I thought it felt great in my hand and didn't want to put it down . . To each their own I guess . .

Last edited:

Spacemaker24

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I have big hands. Even the Note 2 seems comfortable to me. My wife still laughed though.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Haven't seen a DNA yet, and don't expect to ever see one in the wild, but I felt the same way when I would see a GS3 at a Verizon store. I just didn't get it, even though I wanted to finally have a popular phone. Went for the Maxx instead, very happy I did.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
The note is nice and all but the pocketability of it is hilarious. I really like the DNA. I have large hands and found it perfect for me. Coming from the gnex I think I'll get accustomed to the extra screen real estate quickly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
Phones are too thin now. I LOVE my Thunderbolt with the extended battery AND the Seidio Active case on it because I can grab it easily and it fits perfectly in my hands. The thin phones are hard to pick up and it feel like I'm holding a piece of sheet plastic or something. Even a good friend of mine with an iPhone commented once how great my TB felt when he picked it up. I know that one of these days I'm going to have to get a new phone and it will be thin as paper, but I'm not going to rush it!

Spacemaker24

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Phones are too thin now. I LOVE my Thunderbolt with the extended battery AND the Seidio Active case on it because I can grab it easily and it fits perfectly in my hands. The thin phones are hard to pick up and it feel like I'm holding a piece of sheet plastic or something. Even a good friend of mine with an iPhone commented once how great my TB felt when he picked it up. I know that one of these days I'm going to have to get a new phone and it will be thin as paper, but I'm not going to rush it!

I have the same case and battery as you. My fellow IT people tease me about it about and refer to my Phone as a brick.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I have the same case and battery as you. My fellow IT people tease me about it about and refer to my Phone as a brick.

Same here. I actually like the feel of the thunderbolt with the extended battery and seidio active case. It's very comfortable in my large hands and trying to hold my wife's galaxy s2 I keep thinking I'm going to drop it. Too thin and no angles to grip it properly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

t0ked

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I also had the Tbolt with extended battery and Seidio surface case and holster. I liked the heft of the phone and I could easily use it in one hand. I now have the MAXX HD and it is as big a phone can get where I can still use one hand. It's not as hefty as my Tbolt with battery, but it is heftier than most other phones out there. As soon as Seidio comes out with a case and holster combo, it'll be a worthy successor.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay