Data Sky High

irocroe

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I have a rooted Thunderbolt. It's running Sense 3.0 and my data is sky high. I don't stream movies or music. Is there a leak or something? I installed a traffic monitor and it was showing that sense had the spike. Any information would be helpful. Thanks....

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
It's possible that one of your accounts set up (be it your Google account, Facebook, etc.) is not syncing properly or is syncing repeatedly. If I were you, I would go through one by one and disable or remove each account, reboot the phone, and then add them again.

Furthermore, if you have Sense widgets on the homescreen showing social data and it is frequently updating that information, it may be pulling down more data than you'd expect.

braxtoq

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
If you are prone to loading different ROM's often, and you dont have your apps backed up to reload from your SD card, most likely downloading all of your apps with each new ROM is causing large data usage. Just a though, I noticed the same thing and tied it to this as my issue. I am back on the factory ROM now, due to my company's requirement that we install MobileIron to connect to our Exchange server and my data usage is much less.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
If you are prone to loading different ROM's often, and you dont have your apps backed up to reload from your SD card, most likely downloading all of your apps with each new ROM is causing large data usage. Just a though, I noticed the same thing and tied it to this as my issue. I am back on the factory ROM now, due to my company's requirement that we install MobileIron to connect to our Exchange server and my data usage is much less.

As far as I know, such data usage would fall under the Play store/market application specifically. According to irocroe, the 'spike' was coming from Sense itself.

anon(531015)

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
It's possible that one of your accounts set up (be it your Google account, Facebook, etc.) is not syncing properly or is syncing repeatedly. If I were you, I would go through one by one and disable or remove each account, reboot the phone, and then add them again.

Furthermore, if you have Sense widgets on the homescreen showing social data and it is frequently updating that information, it may be pulling down more data than you'd expect.

That happend to me w/ Nusense at one point....FB would hang and try and sync endlessly until I killed it and eventually changed the sync settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OllieFallon10