What to do...

masc69

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I have enjoyed my Tbolt since I got it and have never had any of the issues other T bolt users have had. This phone has been good to me. However, I am due for an upgrade tomorrow and plan on getting the HTC Droid DNA.
I just read about the ICS update finally coming for the T bolt. That and the MWC coming up in late Feb. Now I'm not sure I want to upgrade. What do you all think I should do?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

neilk

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I was very close to going for a Note 2 but am now waiting for MWC to see what gets announced and when they may be available. ICS, if it clears up the reboots and freezes will help me whether the extra time. One plus was that Verizon upgraded the local tower to my home and I now get consistent 4G with no more disconnects. The fact that they opened a store about 1.5 miles from my home was likely the reason for the upgrade to the tower but I still am benefiting.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I have enjoyed my Tbolt since I got it and have never had any of the issues other T bolt users have had. This phone has been good to me. However, I am due for an upgrade tomorrow and plan on getting the HTC Droid DNA.
I just read about the ICS update finally coming for the T bolt. That and the MWC coming up in late Feb. Now I'm not sure I want to upgrade. What do you all think I should do?

OMG it's a no brainer. Get the DNA. Quad core, more speed, and Jelly Bean. I loved my Thunderbolt too, and I may have it temporarily reactivated on my line in order to get ICS on it, but I've not looked back even once after my move to the DNA.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I also recently left my Bolt for the DNA, and it really is a nice phone. I had planned on using it to bridge the gap until the S4 or Xphone came out, but now I'm not so sure. It works so well, and the screen is SO nice, those other phones are really gonna have to wow me for me to switch.

Whatever you decide though, I don't think you can go wrong. These new phones are all very cool.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

masc69

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Thank you both for your input. It just reassured me that upgrading is the right thing to do. I'm going to miss the Tbolt forums, but its on to DNA!!!

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
me personally, im beyond my being eligible for upgrade. my contract is up in march, but im so happy with what santod has done for the bolt, that i think im staying with it. at least for the time being

masc69

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Ive always had good 4g coverage, but my tbolt has had a bit of a problem staying on 4g. Not often, buut it seemed like whenever i needed to do something important.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Thank you both for your input. It just reassured me that upgrading is the right thing to do. I'm going to miss the Tbolt forums, but its on to DNA!!!

Another I just thought of.. think of a 4G connection all day long... with NO change in battery consumption rates. That's right. All this can be yours...

;-) Best of luck with the DNA!

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA via Tapatalk 2

masc69

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I got my DNA and I am glad I decided to upgrade! It is amazing!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I'd check out the Note 2. Initially, I had reservations about its size, but it's amazing how quickly you adapt to it and how much it changes your whole outlook about other phones. It's so surreal now how small other phones look and feel. Every time I see a family member's iPhone or look at my old Thunderbolt, it's almost laughable how small and toyish they look. Always makes me think: "I used to use something so small? I could never use that again!" LOL To me it feels like the bar has been raised. Then again I?ve always primarily used my phones two handed, even though the Note 2 has a one-handed mode you can turn on that moves things toward one side to assist. Even without it, I have little problem hitting most of the screen with one hand anyway. I have to admit though, can't see a phone any bigger. It'd be like holding my Nexus 7 to my head. :eek: Not cool! :-! There is a limit. But I?d say the Note 2 is right in that sweet spot. If you?re hesitant about it, try out a store demo, you might be surprised (as I was). :)

Also, something to consider: the Note 2 has a user-replaceable battery (compared to the DNA), which even though it gets phenomenal battery life (6 hours of screen on time or days on a single charge), I find it invaluable never needing to worry about tethering to a charge regardless of what I'm doing on the phone; always have a fully charged spare waiting, just swap and go at a moments notice! That?s a feature I?m simple not ready to give up! YMMV :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon