HTC Thunderbolt Boot

anon(367661)

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi al I have the Thunderbolt, so I would like to know why it takes 1.5 to 2 minutes boot completely up to be ready to use? I wonder if anyone has any ideas? Maybe the processor is going bad or something like that.
Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
It's because Sense is such a resource hog, so it takes a while for everything to load. When I was running Thundershed, my Bolt would boot in less than a minute, and even faster if I disabled the boot animation.

Sent from my ASUS TF5000T.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Sounds normal. Mine has always taken about 1.5 minutes to boot to the lock screen (actually timed it with a stop watch :)) and another 30 seconds to be fully ready (data connected and everything finished loading). It could be much worse, I've read where many others took almost five minutes to boot up. I'm not sure exactly why it takes so long (probably combo of hardware and software). In comparison, my Note 2 boots in 30 seconds and is ready to go immediately. Night and day difference. :)

anon(367661)

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Maybe the OTA update will fix the long boot cycle if it comes. I see people talking about it again. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
It always seems to me like it takes a lot longer than two minutes to be in a useable state once I reboot, but I've never actually timed it, and of course when it reboots I'm generally in the middle of something and am impatient to get back to it.

And then, of course, there's that asinine loud thunderclap sound just to accentuate how annoying the reboot is. LOL

cegabq

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I've moved on to a Droid DNA for my phone device, but I still use my 'bolt as night clock/alarm & media player.
It take mine around 5 minutes to startup. I'm not rooted, but don't have anything on it that should cause it to take so long.
Think my DNA takes less than a minute

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech