Ics live on verizon

Shryne

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Holding down the home button to see your most recently used apps looks a lot cooler now. It shows you what was on the screen when you closed out of each app.

braxtoq

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
The note 2 rocks! However I think it might be too big I hadn't decided yet. I really would like to see what impact the update has.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com
Can you still get S-OFF or root with the available tools after ICS is installed?

Since the OTA package includes an updated hboot, so I was curious if anyone who installed the OTA update, if they were now limited, or stuck?

Prinny Mask

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Just playing around with it; some times it's a small bit slower, some times it's actually a bit faster. The only problems I've had with it so far is my notes widget is extremely wonky and won't work right, and long pressing a couple widgets has been kinda iffy. Haven't done a reset yet

biglarrythree

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I let a lot of the apps update, then did a complete reboot, runs MUCH better

Just playing around with it; some times it's a small bit slower, some times it's actually a bit faster. The only problems I've had with it so far is my notes widget is extremely wonky and won't work right, and long pressing a couple widgets has been kinda iffy. Haven't done a reset yet

braxtoq

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Seriously? I think the Note 2 is just a little (just a tad) more up to date than the T-Bolt...
HAHA!! I thought i could bring out some of these comments! Actually, I'm still on the fence with the Note, its a bit difficult for me to use one handed, which truly could be a bit safer since I spend a lot of time on the road. It is super fast and I am starting to figure out some uses for the S pen. I really want to upgrade my Tbolt though, my wife is still using hers, if I take the SIM our of her bolt and put it in mine, will it update without causing any issues?

wanzik

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm having problems opening text messages. It seems like if I have only a few from a person it will open up but for people I text a lot, it just keeps saying "Loading.."

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I have downloaded and installed it and I have to say that I'm quite happy with the update. The phone works smoothly and I love the changes to the lockscreen, etc.

pkatz

May 21, 2011
Visit site
It seems to take a while to update all of the older stuff. Mine seemed to take at least 10 minutes just to load old conversations. My photos were similar -I thought I lost them for a while, until they were updated/loaded.

Try opening the message app and give it a while to load old messages.

pkatz

May 21, 2011
Visit site
What sorts of testing are you looking for? I may be able to help you out if you can walk me through it.

So far everything seems great.

mrtonk

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm rooted on a custom Rom, but I am so tempted to restore to my stock nandroid and download this, even though it would mean losing root.

Sent from my Sense 4 ICS Thunderbolt with Tapatalk 2

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
OK, downloaded it - took a few tries since my data connection kept dropping (maybe this is fixed with the new radios? please?).

So far so good. I run MobileIron and Touchdown, and both seem quite happy with the transition. ADW Launcher works fine, so I can't really comment too much on Sense. Swype Beta seems to run fine. Disabled all the bloat I could find and nothing is blowing up yet.

I'll report more in detail later, but I haven't found anything that does not work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2