Ics live on verizon

wfor1pilot

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm having problems opening text messages. It seems like if I have only a few from a person it will open up but for people I text a lot, it just keeps saying "Loading.."

One of the first things I did before "hard re-set" I opened my text and it took a full 30min to "re-compile" them. It puts them all in a "conversation" format. Hang in there / will take a while but, all should still be there !

dasaucemasta

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I've tried to download this via Wifi but it keeps telling me SERVICE UNAVAILABLE. Check for software Update under settings when service is available.

I dont think you can download the Thunderbolt if you upgraded to another phone already. I still use my thunderbolt on occasion (an app for my job, hotschedules, doesnt work on my DNA) so I'd like to update my Tbolt to ICS. How hard is it to reactivate my Thunderbolt? Can I do it online? I remember back in the day it was easy to activate dumb phones online - can I still do that? Or do I have to go into a verizon store and have them reactivate my Tbolt?

Also is there any way for someone to download the OTA file and I can install it on my Thunderbolt myself?

brock616

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I am still having troubles with texting. I let it sit and it finally showed everyone I had a text conversation with now none of them will load in any decent time. One conversation took over an hour to load and when I tried to get back in that same convo the loading screen was back and has been there for a half hour. Any solution ideas?

Chance

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Every text window with different people pops up old messages in text window.
Click a person bam old text is in text window. Delete it go back then open again. Bam more text.

Bakerboy2253

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
All apps seem to work fine
Screen shot with power button, home key..... working
Not a real fan of the new unlock screen
Over all nice, but seems real laggy

By the way Original bolter ? first weeker

gvlakers

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Holding down the home button to see your most recently used apps looks a lot cooler now. It shows you what was on the screen when you closed out of each app.

I just watched a Youtube video that says these are actually running background apps, and you can swipe them left or right to actually close them. Interesting

ddonahueiup

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I would hope a phone released over a year since the tbolt was released would be better

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

turboluis

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok, spent over 5 hours unrooting, going back to stock everything, had to download and install every update released by verizon, ics installed without any issues. Now what? Is it safe to root it again? Has anyone else rooted? I can't wait for the ROM chefs to whip up a new batch of debloated ROMs.

Prinny Mask

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
This is the battery life in my first drain cycle. All I did was a reboot, and just didn't plug the phone back in after it restarted.

At 80%, I turned off Wi-Fi and went to 3G; at 60%, I switched to 4G.

Someone might be all like, "it doesn't look like you have that much screen time," but it should be taken into consideration that I am not using the extended battery, or even Rezound battery, I'm using the stock Thunderbolt one that came with the phone since I got it.

As of the time of the screenshot, the battery is at 25%.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360167595464.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360167595464.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 37

rcmarks314

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Down loaded yesterday and let it sit while sleeping (3rd shifter). Seems a little laggy but all in all not too bad. Takes a little getting used to the different way of opening and other things. Now maybe some of the devs will show some love and I can get happy with my rooted phone too. Need to check around and see I've been using the non rooted phone for so long because my favorite devs were showing no love to the Bolt. When you think about it some of the dev sites would be nothing if it weren't for the bolt because the bolt made many of those sites what they are today.

steelcurtain11

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I used the revolutionary method to root my phone and get s-off, i didn't install any roms though. When I try to download this update I get a ! inside a triangle and a blue android guy. What method should I use to get rid of root and stuff so that I can update with this ota? (I'm still completely new to this, I'm not good with the terms or anything, I just followed his guide to root so that I can take screenshots)

I also seem to be stuck in a reboot loot after getting that ota update..

wanzik

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I posted a problem with SMS messages yesterday. I could open messages from everyone except my finance - it would just say "Loading..." left it for nearly and hour and nothing. I finally downloaded another SMS messaging app. It could be that I had over 3,600 messages with my finance but less than 100 from others. Yeah, 3,600 is a lot but it worked fine with the older app.

One of the first things I did before "hard re-set" I opened my text and it took a full 30min to "re-compile" them. It puts them all in a "conversation" format. Hang in there / will take a while but, all should still be there !
Thanks for the info. How many messages? Just out of curiousity.

All of my Yahoo! email addresses were messed up for some reason. I ended up having to sign on to each account individually from my laptop in order to get the phone to be able to log in. Not sure why but it works now.

I haven't been able to get 4G since the upgrade. Had it before. I also noticed that the code to get into the hidden test menu no longer functions. (*#*#4636#*#*)

Does anyone know if you will be able to upgrade over wifi only? I am not activated, ordered a Note 2 and want to decide if it would be worth it to send the Note 2 back and continue using the Tbolt now that we finally have ICS.
Interestingly enough, my new Note Deuce is in the box on my desk. I had the same thought as you - keep it or send it back. It came yesterday as I was downloading the update I thought we would never get. LOL! I had fun messing with the Bolt yesterday and this morning. I'm not normally one who has to have the latest and greatest all the time so I could live with it longer, but the Note does appeal to me with the bigger screen so I'm planning on keeping it. I got it for $189 so what the heck -- still $299 from Verizon. I guess I should bust it open pretty soon. :)

Last edited:

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com
Just noticed that right when I get an email it doesn't just say 'New Mail' like in gingerbread, it says the name of who the email is from, helpful if you are on your phone when the email arrives.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I used the revolutionary method to root my phone and get s-off, i didn't install any roms though. When I try to download this update I get a ! inside a triangle and a blue android guy. What method should I use to get rid of root and stuff so that I can update with this ota? (I'm still completely new to this, I'm not good with the terms or anything, I just followed his guide to root so that I can take screenshots)

I also seem to be stuck in a reboot loot after getting that ota update..

Can you boot into recovery? And did you make a backup of the stock ROM? If so, do that and flash it. Once the phone boots normally, check out trter's tool to unroot or check out the SuperUser SU app, which I've been told can unroot you. Once unrooted, then accept the OTA.

Sent from my DNA

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
This is the battery life in my first drain cycle. All I did was a reboot, and just didn't plug the phone back in after it restarted.

At 80%, I turned off Wi-Fi and went to 3G; at 60%, I switched to 4G.

Someone might be all like, "it doesn't look like you have that much screen time," but it should be taken into consideration that I am not using the extended battery, or even Rezound battery, I'm using the stock Thunderbolt one that came with the phone since I got it.

As of the time of the screenshot, the battery is at 25%.

WOW! The stock battery? Fabulous!

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA via Tapatalk 2

Spacemaker24

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
So far I am really liking ICS. The smoothness of the graphics is a nice treat. I still can't seem to remove some of the bloat. Tune Wiki is still there as is VZ Navigator and Amazon Kindle.

kvcobra

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
So far I am really liking ICS. The smoothness of the graphics is a nice treat. I still can't seem to remove some of the bloat. Tune Wiki is still there as is VZ Navigator and Amazon Kindle.
VZW only removed some of the bloatware. The apps you mentioned are still in ROM, so you can't remove them <edit>without rooting</edit>. You can, however disable them in ICS. Settings > Apps > select app > Disable. Same place the "Uninstall" button is for downloaded apps. If you've updated the app at all, you may have to uninstall the updates before you get the Disable button.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae