Ics live on verizon

757Dave

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Originally Posted by msugrad598
2. I use my phone as my alarm clock and the desk clock option is different. Instead of giving you a dimming option, there is just a docking option, which is way different than the usual desk clock. Anyone know of a way to dim the desk clock? .

I'm trying to find an answer to this as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com
Still horrible battery life with ICS even with a rezound battery... Looks like I may be getting a new phone sooner then I wanted too....

Also, my phone is starting to lag more and more... Anyone else?

qlY7u0g.png

mman609

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Not sure why people won't root. This my battery on the latest unsense

Battery usage seems to be a complex issue and not a simple root vs. unrooted or sense vs. unsense. My stock unrooted TB with ICS has been on 8 hours with moderate use (talk, email, news etc.) and it is currently sitting at 83% with a year and a half old rezound battery. This is much the same as with GB. My signal is solid. But if I move away from a solid signal, my battery use pattern changes for the worse. I have many of my apps set to sync on opening rather than on their own, which I'm sure saves some energy. TBs seem to vary greatly in other regards (data drops, reboots etc), so perhaps there is hardware variation at play here also. Wish there was a simple answer that could be applied to everyone, but it sure doesn't look like we will ever have that.

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com
Mine could be a sync/signal issue. I have had poor to no data since ics and a couple times a day my phone is stuck syncing for at least and hour.

Seems like ics is getting worse the more I use it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Mine could be a sync/signal issue. I have had poor to no data since ics and a couple times a day my phone is stuck syncing for at least and hour.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I'm sure you've already done it, but I have to ask, have you done a factory reset?

Sent from my DNA

Prinny Mask

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

It certainly sounds like it. I managed to get a graph similar to yours, but you can see the differences.

uploadfromtaptalk1360279064848.jpg

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have an offline zip yet? Update is not pushing to my moms bolt. (WAs mine) manually pulling isn't working as well.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to find an answer to this as well. Any help would be appreciated.

It's not so much a "fix" as it is, "how mine works" so "your mileage may vary." I just use a Widgetsoid widget to bring brightness down to minimum, then go to the desk clock. After some length of time, the "screensaver" clock comes in automatically. I haven't timed it, I'm asleep <g>.

On the ringer/notification issue, one app that seems to be working for me is Smart Sound Profiles. I'm using the 10-day trial version, the paid app is US$2.30. It has a scheduler function. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...YXIuc291bmRwcm9maWxlc2ZyZWUiXQ&token=441hn2lp..

JVH1982

May 8, 2011
Visit site
There is an issue on my wifes TB that when she clicks on someone to text it will put random words in the text box without her typing anything at all.
I'm still rooted so I've not updated yet, but my father has. He sent me a text earlier that had a randomly attached photo. Likely related, but no idea what the heck would cause such a thing.

wanzik

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm... another issue: All my music is gone since the ICS update. Went to copy songs off my SD card and couldn't find any. Didn't lose any apps or pictures though.

808TBolt

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
hmm was hoping for improved battery life with ICS/official OTA and Rezound battery.

guess i'm stuck with leaving the 'Bolt on 3G for battery longevity's sake -__-

Still horrible battery life with ICS even with a rezound battery... Looks like I may be getting a new phone sooner then I wanted too....

Also, my phone is starting to lag more and more... Anyone else?

http://i.imgur.com/qlY7u0g.png

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm... another issue: All my music is gone since the ICS update. Went to copy songs off my SD card and couldn't find any. Didn't lose any apps or pictures though.

The path to the SD card probably changed. I have the Rezound and for the SD card there is a reference in the "internal phone storage" that points to the SD card. You wont see internal storage and sd card separate. The internal storage points to the sd card. Look for a folder 'ext_sd' on the root drive. This will contain the files/folders for the sd card. If you select this folder you will see all files on the SD card.

wanzik

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
The path to the SD card probably changed. I have the Rezound and for the SD card there is a reference in the "internal phone storage" that points to the SD card. You wont see internal storage and sd card separate. The internal storage points to the sd card. Look for a folder 'ext_sd' on the root drive. This will contain the files/folders for the sd card. If you select this folder you will see all files on the SD card.

Thanks for the idea. The path might have changed but there is no music at all on my SD card. Looked in all directories and did a search for *.mp3. All gone.

808TBolt

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
i just got the ICS upgrade last night

can't figure out where the Background Data is now in Settings. i normally have that unchecked until i want to look for an App in the Play store.

anyone know?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36