What is everyone's thoughts on ics on the tbolt

Prinny Mask

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else having trouble deleting apps? I only got one app to un-install properly...all the rest I've tried get hung up and never go away.

Sometimes my weather and clock widgets won't come up after rebooting.

Phone boots up really fast!

Radio, 4G/3G switching seems improved, but too early to tell for sure.

Battery is dead within a couple hours, but that's probably because I've been playing with it non-stop. Will wait until everything is sorted out to see how that goes.

Those are the things I've noticed since yesterday.

Mine sometimes says that there are no apps, but that's fixed by just reentering the page in settings. The only other thing is that sometimes when I uninstall updates, so I can disable an app, it kicks me back to all apps, and I have to find the app again.

Going to 4G is almost instant for me; before it would take a few seconds, to a minute or two, usually in the latter half. Not sure if I still have dropouts, but it seemed fine the short time I used it.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Both my mom and grandfather have the bolt and they love the update. The phone is pretty quick, I did notice it can get sluggish sometimes but 90% of the time it's great. I've been playing around with my grandpa's phone to test it out because I had the bolt before the Gnex. I was just happy to see the bolt get some love. I actually liked the bolt I just really wanted the Gnex when it came out

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

stirling

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
My experience is really positive so far. My Bolt has been unplugged for 17 hours with normal use I've only dropped 30 percent on my extended battery. Performance of the phone isn't quad core snappy, but it's as good or better than it was.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

obidos

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I woke up to ICS and I really love it. It really is like a new phone. I was surprised that I didn't have to approve the update as in the past. It updated by itself.

I was actually hesitant about the update since some people are having issues but I haven't noticed anything on my device so far. I also thought I would have to re-install lots of stuff but I've found so far that I have been able to use my usual apps as I did before.

Positives for me:

I really like that you can scroll through all the home screens
lock screen is nice and streamlined
screen fonts and icons are nice and crisp
finally able to disable apps (slacker radio was always running and I never use it)
love the new message flow and conversation look and feel
love the new gmail style

Negatives:

lost all my quick texts for reply and there is no option to have them (is there?)
emoticons are lame (bring back Lloyd!)

All in all, really surprised and happy.

thundersome

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Everything seems to have smoothed out. No lag at all right now even with an added screen with two widgets on it. Though I did have to disable holo locker since it liked to trade places with the sense lockscreen instead of permanently replace it.

eberwine

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Update went through for me overnight and it's wreaking havoc with my sms messages. Stock messaging app won't load. Gives me a "please wait" with the spinning circle thingy. Eventually I'll be able to see the messages behind the "please wait" message, but they won't load to the point where i can do anything, i.e., select a message, change settings, etc. I've done 2 battery pulls, 2 reboots, I'm not sure where else to turn without reseting the blasted thing. Anybody else having this problem?:mad:

Edit: So of course as soon as I posted it started working. Apparently the phone wants me to look like a fool.

wanzik

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Update went through for me overnight and it's wreaking havoc with my sms messages. Stock messaging app won't load. Gives me a "please wait" with the spinning circle thingy. Eventually I'll be able to see the messages behind the "please wait" message, but they won't load to the point where i can do anything, i.e., select a message, change settings, etc. I've done 2 battery pulls, 2 reboots, I'm not sure where else to turn without reseting the blasted thing. Anybody else having this problem?:mad:

Edit: So of course as soon as I posted it started working. Apparently the phone wants me to look like a fool.

I had the same problem and I posted it in another thread. I could open text messages from everyone except my fiance. For others I had less than 100 texts but I downloaded another SMS app to read my fiance's texts and it counted over 3,600. Just for fun I'm trying to open her texts again and I'm going to leave it sit for a few hours and see if it eventually opens.

Spacemaker24

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
It almost seems that the predicted havoc this update was supposedly going to bring never materialized. I guess HTC and Verizon did the right thing here by ignoring all of the whining about delays (my whining included) and decided to get this thing right.

So when do we get Jelly Bean? :D

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

skunkydan

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
We have 2 thunderbolts, one updated just fine, the other not so much. Major problems with Wi-Fi staying connected, upon reboot it has 4g toggled off and is stuck on 3g mode. Was having lots of lag loading apps and the phone dialer, but got better after deleting some pics and a reboot. The biggest issue now is with the clock. The widget click on the home screen maintains the proper time, but the one in the top corner will stop working and be hours off. With the Wi-Fi problem, it keeps switching the 4g on and off and that's killing the battery. Neither phone is rooted. Not sure what to do. Anyone think a factory reset would help?

ddonahueiup

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
We have 2 thunderbolts, one updated just fine, the other not so much. Major problems with Wi-Fi staying connected, upon reboot it has 4g toggled off and is stuck on 3g mode. Was having lots of lag loading apps and the phone dialer, but got better after deleting some pics and a reboot. The biggest issue now is with the clock. The widget click on the home screen maintains the proper time, but the one in the top corner will stop working and be hours off. With the Wi-Fi problem, it keeps switching the 4g on and off and that's killing the battery. Neither phone is rooted. Not sure what to do. Anyone think a factory reset would help?

What a bipolar phone this is, isn't it

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

BPHusker

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My friend just upgraded to ICS last night and the Facebook and Facebook Messenger app will no longer show notifications. He said he has disabled and re-enabled them but it still won't show anything when he gets any messages. Does anyone have any idea what is causing this?

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

Yes, I think a factory reset will help.

Sent from my DNA

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Open your window with all the apps. Click, hold, and drag the one you want to the tray. I think the "all apps" is the only one you cannot remove from the bottom tray

Cool. I can move my "people" icon to the bottom tray, so I can get to "them" from anywhere. I also experimented, you can move a folder down there, too. I need to think about which others I want down there, probably Google maps and Gmail, EDIT: Jorte Calendar.

Last edited:

redcat22

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
It almost seems that the predicted havoc this update was supposedly going to bring never materialized. I guess HTC and Verizon did the right thing here by ignoring all of the whining about delays (my whining included) and decided to get this thing right.

So when do we get Jelly Bean? :D

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

You'll get it on your next upgrade.:p