Where did my widgets go?

kjkerr522

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi, All. I could use some help. I downloaded the new ICS Tuesday evening and it's fine, except that when I go into "personalize" and then click to add a widget, the page is blank. I let it sit, thinking it's just taking a while to load but to no avail; the page stays blank. It is not rooted. I have restarted multiple times and also done a battery pull. Not sure what else to do. Any thoughts? Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help! It is appreciated.

kjkerr522

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi, All. I could use some help. I downloaded the new ICS Tuesday evening and it's fine, except that when I go into "personalize" and then click to add a widget, the page is blank. I let it sit, thinking it's just taking a while to load but to no avail; the page stays blank. It is not rooted. I have restarted multiple times and also done a battery pull. Not sure what else to do. Any thoughts? Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help! It is appreciated.

Yep. They're still not there.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
The only other thing I would recommend is to do a factory reset, which I think is ALWAYS a good idea when you're changing the os like this.

Sent from my ASUS TF5000T.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Go into Settings, then Storage, and at the very bottom is the Factory Reset option. Remember, it will completely wipe your phone and put it back in a "like new" state, but I do think it will fix everything.

Sent from my DNA

Robert Keiper

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem with no widgets.
My concern is doing the Factory Reset. My phone is for work, so will i lose all my contacts, how do i redo my exhchange, etc... is there a way to do a back up or is it already being backed up?
thanks.

Robert Keiper

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue with the widgets all being gone. I am concerned about doing a Factory Reset, as my phone is used for work, and i assume i will lose all my contacts, email, exchange server, etc... Is that already being backed up or can i back it up or do i need to back it up?

thanks

kjkerr522

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Doing a factory reset did fix the widget problem for me. Since it's a work phone, I would first talk with your IT dept (or whoever runs the servers) to see if they can shed some light on if it's backed up by them or who.

703bam

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
If you hold your finger down on your home page, the option to set your home page is displayed. At the bottom of the page are some icons. The widget icon is one of them. I stumbled on it while looking for the widgets as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton