Keyboard issues after ICS update AND factory reset.

alinvain

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I really like everything about ICS on my TB except I can't type on it as certain keys don't work, like the one that gets me to the numbers and symbols for example. Thinking the factory reset would cure my ills, I reset my phone. It didn't work and now I have to sign in on all my apps (most of which I have to reinstall) with a keyboard that I can't enter my user/pass with. Grrrrr.....

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I really like everything about ICS on my TB except I can't type on it as certain keys don't work, like the one that gets me to the numbers and symbols for example. Thinking the factory reset would cure my ills, I reset my phone. It didn't work and now I have to sign in on all my apps (most of which I have to reinstall) with a keyboard that I can't enter my user/pass with. Grrrrr.....

Try recalibrating the keyboard: Menu > Settings > Language and Keyboard > "Sliders" Icon to the far right of "Touch Input" > Text Input > Calibration Tool

wolf howl

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
As a work around have you tried installing another keyboard to see if it'd work? I had quite a time getting Swype to work but it's fine now.

Sent from my HTC Flyer via Tapatalk 2

alinvain

May 5, 2011
Visit site
As a work around have you tried installing another keyboard to see if it'd work? I had quite a time getting Swype to work but it's fine now.

I did, and it's even worse. I can't type the I or O key, it just types a U or a P. I try to type the 1/2 key and it just hits Enter. It seems that part of my touchscreen has become unresponsive. I was typing something in landscape mode and tried to hit a "Done" button on FB Messenger and it would not respond. Also, when I try to hold and drag an icon off my home screen, the icon does not stay on my finger. I wonder what is causing this.

androidguy916

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
I had this happen a few months ago. An entire column from top to bottom stopped working for no apparent reason. It worked Saturday night and by Sunday morning without doing anything to the phone it stopped responding. I couldn't use the O, K or M keys or any icon in a line in that column. Even typing in landscape had issues on the same column of the screen. Nothing I did worked. I'm sure it was a hardware issue so customer service sent me a warranty replacement. Even though they said it was a "certified like new replacement" it looked brand new and I haven't had any issues until lately with extreme lag; I'm still on GB and won't upgrade to ICS until I absolutely have to.

Sounds like you have a hardware problem and may need a replacement.

Bill in Sacramento.

alinvain

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I had this happen a few months ago. An entire column from top to bottom stopped working for no apparent reason. It worked Saturday night and by Sunday morning without doing anything to the phone it stopped responding. I couldn't use the O, K or M keys or any icon in a line in that column. Even typing in landscape had issues on the same column of the screen. Nothing I did worked. I'm sure it was a hardware issue so customer service sent me a warranty replacement. Even though they said it was a "certified like new replacement" it looked brand new and I haven't had any issues until lately with extreme lag; I'm still on GB and won't upgrade to ICS until I absolutely have to.

Sounds like you have a hardware problem and may need a replace
ment.

Bill in Sacramento.

Bill, that is exactly what I did. My new TB shipped the next day and immediately updated to ICS. Works great though, just like a brand new phone.

808TBolt

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

Sounds like you have a hardware problem and may need a replacement.

Bill in Sacramento.

if i know what i know now about ICS on the Bolt, i would've refused the update ;) :cool:

sls317

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
This happened to me too. Problem is, one of the keys that won't work is part of my passcode to unlock the phone. Any ideas on how to fix? I already got a new phone but I don't want to lose all my contacts! I need to get this damn thunderbolt open!!!! Thanks!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay