WiFi always scanning post ICS

jdd77

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
After the update, the battery life on this phone got pretty bad. Not being able to turn off background data is one of the reasons I think, but how ICS uses wifi is probably the biggest reason. I searched the internet for answers on how to turn it off and found that if you go to 'menu' -> 'settings' -> 'wifi' -> 'advanced' -> uncheck 'notify me when a network is available'.. it stops wifi from constantly scanning. BUT that option is greyed out, so I can't deselect it! Has anyone else encountered this problem?

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I am using stock jellybean, and the continual scanning is driving me crazy. Sometimes it disconnects my Internet access (very strong signal given that I'm practical sitting on the router). Sometimes it just runs down my battery. I don't have an advanced section in my Wi Fi settings. Is there any way I can select my network manually, or some other way to save my battery? And my nerves? . Short of turning off the wifi connection every time I realize I'm not going to use it in the next fifteen minutes?

Sent from my unrooted 32 GB Polish Samsung Galaxy GT I9300 running 4.1.2.

Rav3nCroft

May 12, 2011
Visit site
After the update, the battery life on this phone got pretty bad. Not being able to turn off background data is one of the reasons I think, but how ICS uses wifi is probably the biggest reason. I searched the internet for answers on how to turn it off and found that if you go to 'menu' -> 'settings' -> 'wifi' -> 'advanced' -> uncheck 'notify me when a network is available'.. it stops wifi from constantly scanning. BUT that option is greyed out, so I can't deselect it! Has anyone else encountered this problem?

The option is grayed out if wifi isn't enabled. Try turning on wifi and see if that option becomes available. It should, or at least it does on my bolt.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11