Wi-Fi tethering?

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I have an unrooted thunderbolt, and I had hoped that foxfi would support Wi-Fi tethering now that it runs ics, but no joy.

I only use it to occasionally tether my nexus 7, and it's a company phone so I can't buy a tethering plan nor can I root it (MobileIron would rat me out).

Bluetooth tethering is ok, but a lot of things don't work on the n7 over Bluetooth.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

RazrMaxx1345

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
This is the same situation I was in after my RAZR Maxx got the leaked JB update. Honestly, not to be harsh, but you're basically screwed! I tried and tried to find a solution to that same problem and came up short every time. Save yourself the time of looking for a solution honestly. Normally I wouldn't say that to someone, but it is practically impossible from what I have seen. There is no other WiFi tether app like foxfi that works or that is even works like advertised it should. I'd say your best bet would be to try to find a way to root and not get caught, but that's a fine line.
Good luck

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm stock JB 4.2.1 on Sprint GNex and rooted running CM 10.1 on my Nexus 7. Never been able to Wi-Fi tether for free since I've had the phone. I've learned to settle for bluetooth and doing as much as I can from the web browser.

Sent from my Cyano-Mod'd Nexus 7

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
This is the same situation I was in after my RAZR Maxx got the leaked JB update. Honestly, not to be harsh, but you're basically screwed! I tried and tried to find a solution to that same problem and came up short every time. Save yourself the time of looking for a solution honestly. Normally I wouldn't say that to someone, but it is practically impossible from what I have seen. There is no other WiFi tether app like foxfi that works or that is even works like advertised it should. I'd say your best bet would be to try to find a way to root and not get caught, but that's a fine line.
Good luck

Not taking it as harsh, screwed is screwed, and I suspect I am. Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance