PUK troubles

immitationbear

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I have an HTC Thunderbolt. I rooted it over a year ago using Revolutionary.
I use a Bamf Gingerbread rom and it's been great.
I haven't had service with this phone for a year but I use it daily as a pda and wifi phone. It's been performing great.
Saturday I made a booboo and tinkered with the sim card lock. I probably made ultimate mistakes and ended up
running out of chances entering the PUK code. I didn't even know what one is. Got locked in with the puk log in screen
so I shut off pulled out my battery and sim, put it back in and rebooted. Everything seemed normal except
the phone signal bar had turned into an x. It's been there the last year showing a signal although I didn't have service.
I called Verizon and they said I need a new sim but they aren't giving me one since I don't have service.
Well, there have been some other changes in function since Saturday night. Everything seems really slow. I looked
with a utility and it shows my processor is 100% occupied. Even though my wifi is about 20mbits, Im topping out
at 2mbits on my Thunderbolt. I'm trying to understand what's going on.
When your sim gets puked do system routines interfere with other operations like I'm describing or is that unrelated.
I also noticed that HTC clock has downloaded 55 megabytes since Saturday and a program called QXDM2SD has uploaded about
200 megabytes and downloaded about 150.
I'd really appreciate any insight and advice that anyone might have.
Thanks.:D

immitationbear

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
:D Major update!!!!!!
I removed my 4g card and as soon as I rebooted, my tbolt wifi speed went from barely 2mbits/sec to about 8mbits/sec. There was also a drastic improvement in processor performance. I downloaded a really good utility that amazed me when I saw Av**t antivirus was using between 35 and 55% processor power just idling. I installed it this morning for troubleshooting but its gone now and my average cpu usage shows 7% when I check it.
I'm still curious about why HTC clock would be downloading 55 megabytes in 24 hours or what QXDM2SD actually is that it uploads and downloads large amounts of data.
Yeah... I love my Thunderbolt again!!! :)
PS: The cool utility I downloaded is Elixer System. Amazing utility, especially for free!:-$

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol