HTC Thunderbolt not receiving large SMS

tini1031

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi! My Thunderbolt does not receive large SMS in either the Handcent App, (I had to download Handcent because the stock texting app on my T-bolt would send my texts to whomever it wanted to and not my intended recipient), or the stock app. It only accepts texts with about 160 characters or less and doesn't split larger texts into 2+ messages. So I have to tell the texter that I didn't receive their whole text message and they'll have to go back and re-send the part of the text that I didn't receive. I already called Verizon and they couldn't help and I already sent Handcent an email and I never heard back. (I really do think it's a problem with the phone itself though, not Handcent.) Please help! Thanks.

andunn31

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
A lot of people are experiencing this issue including myself. It started after the ICS update and Verizon released a software update shortly after to help address this issue and some other things. Doing a factory reset helps, but after awhile it reverts back to cutting off messages so this is not a viable option or fix. I would encourage you to e-mail them as well as call them and complain about it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

tini1031

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks andunn31. Unfortunately the email function on my phone doesn't work either. But I did send Handcent an email from my computer and I never heard back. (Not surprised there because I read other posts from people saying they, too, emailed Handcent and they did not hear back from them.) I loathe this phone... But anyway, I think the only fix for this will be when I get the Samsung Galaxy S4 this summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance